Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can't accept negative test results.  (Read 865 times)

Offline DahliaDollface

• Paranoid Parrot in female form.
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can't accept negative test results.
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 12:44:11 PM »
Thanks a lot aec711, that does actually help quite a bit. My wife has been telling me the same thing but it's a lot more believable coming from someone who has actually witnessed someone with a brain bleed.
Bookmark and Share
"Now head towards the light, the dark has no place here."

Offline aec711

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 05:23:47 PM »
Good!  I hope you are feeling better - even if you aren't - you know how our brains and give us the worst symptoms and they are totally real to us.... sigh :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lalaland

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 06:44:21 PM »
I really don't want this to come across as snarky, but you do realise your original ER doctor has most likely seen his fair share of brain bleeds too and the fact you displayed no symptoms of it is probably why he didn't send you for all the tests you wanted? :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline DahliaDollface

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 10:22:04 PM »
Was feeling better and then it happened again about an hour ago. It wasn't as bad as the last time but it was definitely the same kind of headache during the same time.   Thinking I should go back to the ER as something is definitely wrong. There's no other explanation for this to be happening other than something sinister. There's no reason that after nearly a decade of being sexually active I'd start having these headaches without a cause.

I wonder how long I have before I die. I read that most people with a sentinel headache/bleed due to an aneurysm have the aneurysm about 10 days after the headache so I'm guessing that I have about 4 days left to live since the first one happened on the 10th and it's the 16th now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline aec711

• Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 11:58:42 PM »
So, when I read about these headaches - it says the come in clusters and will last for weeks or maybe months and then disappear.  You would have other symptoms - I promise :)  The CT would have shown bleeding. I bet it is just this weird type of headache - it says it can be from adrenaline releasing.  You can talk to your doctor, but I am sure you will be alive in another 10 days :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline PrinceOfWorry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 12:19:55 AM »
This certainly isn't medical advice, but I would agree with the other posters on this one. A headache alone is not suggestive of anything as exotic as the ailments you mention. My sister had a SMALL brain bleed from a knot of arteries that went funny one night. She had the headache, but also visual disturbances, severe dizziness, vomiting. And that event didn't require treatment. It was relatively benign.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DahliaDollface

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 04:05:40 AM »
I highly doubt that's what's going on though. The odds are more likely that I have something very sinister lurking than a benign condition. Obviously my brain isn't bleeding as something would have happened by now but nonetheless, something serious is going on.  There's a reason you're supposed to take thunderclap headaches seriously and it's because more often than not they're deadly.

I am having dizziness and feel very unsteady now as well and it's  not my "normal" dizziness that I've suffered from for years, so it's no longer just a bad headache.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: