Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Think I Will Be Diagnosed with Depression Soon  (Read 236 times)

Offline ahefner33

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Think I Will Be Diagnosed with Depression Soon
« on: February 12, 2014, 02:57:45 PM »
Hey everybody,

As the title says, I think I soon will be "officially" diagnosed as being depressed when I have my first consult my a psych. In my mind, I don't truly feel I am depressed but reading the symptoms sticky and other related articles, I believe I fit alot of those even if I want to admit it or not.

My issue all comes from health issues and health anxiety. Im reminded each day of these issues, so I think it has taken it's toll on me. But I am what I call a up and downer. I can be great for 2-3 days then gone the next 2-3days. I've never been suicidal, heck most of my health anxiety issues is dying.

But I just wanted to come here and ask, what can I expect? What does the world of therapy and medicines for depression hold for me? Do most of you feel that once you accepted and seeked help you got better? Anything for advice for someone that doesn't feel that they are depressed but deep down realizes they are?

Thanks in advance
Bookmark and Share
Live

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Think I Will Be Diagnosed with Depression Soon
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 05:49:58 AM »
Nothing to say you are depressed as of yet. You ever think that your health anxiety might just make you feel down in yourself. Thus if the health anxiety improved, you would feel a lot happier. Symptoms of anxiety and depression can cross each other. Buf if it is depression there is a certain type of medication. They might try it on you. SSRI. Is like most forms of medication. Works well for some people. Not as well for others. It may take a few attempts to find the right medication that works best for you. If therapy is involved it will be to try and figure out why you are depressed. Then try and make you see things in a different way. Turn a negative into a positive. Plenty of help out there. Just be honest when answering their questions. See what the end result is.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline ahefner33

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Think I Will Be Diagnosed with Depression Soon
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 08:27:16 AM »
Thanks Cuchculan

Yeah I know I haven't been clinically diagnosed yet. I have been reported with tests on health issues that I have shown mild depression but noone in the medical profession has warranted anything of it. I've just taken the signs and what others close to around me have suggested, thus why I have seeked a consultation.

The health anxiety issue just has been so long with no resolvement I can feel the toll it has taken. I just go from how I use to be and to what I am like now. I have worked constantly with the health anxiety but I always seem to fall back into a pit. But yeah I just wanted to interact and see what is to be expected. I am one of those that's always wanting to know before hand without any surprises haha.

If i do get diagnosed though I am actually kind of excited to maybe getting some help. I know its pretty cliche with everyone but I do look and strive to get my old life back.

I appreciate your response and advice
Bookmark and Share
Live

Tags: