Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Do daily headaches mean brain tumor?  (Read 304 times)

Offline mct425

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Do daily headaches mean brain tumor?
« on: February 12, 2014, 02:49:56 PM »
So I've posted before about my brain tumor worry--I've been having facial pressure for about 4 months straight now.
ENT and GP both said it's not a tumor.  Had a sinus CT scan which was perfectly clear, so no sinus issue (other than so called "pressure" according to the ENT).

Anyway, the pressure is still there-across my nose mostly.  But now I'm feeling it on the top of my head!! Just a tightness and dull ache.  It comes and goes throughout the day and feels the best first thing in the morning.

My family says its stress and weather related.  I'm not so sure as I've never had anything like this before.

I'm just wondering if these "headaches" and head pressure warrant a visit back to the GP to get a referral to a neurologist?  I'm so afraid there's something wrong with my head :(  And it doesn't help that in our area there have already been FIVE kids that have died from a brain tumor in the past year!!!  I thought those things were rare??
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do daily headaches mean brain tumor?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 02:55:33 PM »
If you don't believe your doctors, I don't think you're going to believe anyone on here.

If you had a brain tumor that was big enough to be causing headaches, you would have other severe neurological symptoms. People who do have brain tumors don't even always get headaches (I've read that only about 40% do).

HEADACHES do not equal a BRAIN TUMOR. Especially since you said you have pressure, and it goes across your nose. It's clearly congestion or your sinuses. Don't worry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 03:05:37 PM »
Headaches and pressure more commonly point to anxiety stress and muscle tension. Try inhaling steam for the facial pressure and if you can go for a massage or ask someone to rub your shoulders and neck at home.
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 04:04:16 PM »
I believed my doctors when it was JUST the face pressure...but now it's in my head (and wasn't really there a few months ago).  So this new head pressure/headache makes me wonder if I should go back to the doctor.

The headaches are very mild and truly feel "tension-like" and resolve without medication.  So I wonder if its tension (which has never manifested itself like this in me before) or something worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 04:14:54 PM »
If it was a tumor I don't think the pain would be in different places. Sounds like anxiety to me. My dad had a benign brain tumor and you don't have any of the symptoms he did (of course it could be diff for everyone). He's totally fine now 5 years later.  ;D Hang in there.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 04:39:51 PM »
When my tension gets out of control I get facial pressure and pressure either on the top or the back of my head and sometimes my scalp will tingle for days. I also will get pains in my temple and forehead sometimes too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 08:19:58 PM »
So can tension last for months? I'm a stay at home mom to a 9 month old and gave up a 15 year career to do so. My career was full of stress but it never felt like this.

Whenever I go to dinner with friends (with or without baby) the pressure always goes away...until I start heading home and then it comes back.

Just hate this feeling as everything else is fine-same high energy level, etc.
Bookmark and Share

Online Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 08:32:41 PM »
There is no bigger proof that it is anxiety but the thing you just wrote. You go out with friends and you don't feel it...

Anyway, don't pay attention to that pressure. Do your daily activities, go out, have fun and ignore that pain as much as you can. You know it's anxiety, so no point in dwelling over it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 08:35:15 PM »
Exactly what Hypo just said, and yes tension can last month and years if you are not dealing with it. Figure out exactly why your stressors are and try to change them, massage and relaxing will all help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 09:18:58 PM »
Just wanted to add that my HA didn't really kick into high gear until I became a stay at home mom. When I first started staying home I was convinced I had MS, CONVINCED! I think we have a little more time to think about every little symptom.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: