Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: "Spleen" pain since July. Feel like this is cancer. Help?  (Read 189 times)

Offline jenkyleg

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
"Spleen" pain since July. Feel like this is cancer. Help?
« on: February 12, 2014, 11:16:56 AM »
See title. So, yeah...upper left abdomen/back pain since July can't be normal right? It's never bad. Nothing like a side stitch or anything. It's just...there. Like a feeling of tightness "inside" of me like when you eat too much at a meal or drink too much liquid? It can come and go, but I mostly feel it during the day at work. It can be hard to locate. Sometimes it's in the front of my body. Sometimes it's in my back. It's been annoying since July but I'm pretty worried it's a symptom of Lymphoma. I've felt nodes in my neck since last March. They haven't changed at all since then, but I'm scared they're only reactive, and that the real tumor lies inside me near my heart or lungs. I have heart flutters at the gym sometimes that scare me, and this morning I felt tired, lethargic, and out of breath on my mile long walk to the train.

I have no other major symptoms of lymphoma. I even work out at the gym 3-5 days a week. But still...I can't ignore that this annoying feeling has persisted off and on since July 2013.

Can anyone help me shed some light on this? I haven't been to the doctor since July when I came down with a nasty upper respiratory infection...thinking about going again.

Sorry to post about this. I feel defeated bringing up my constant battle with these fears. I try so hard to shut them out.

My health anxiety helped bring an end to my last relationship indirectly and I fear it's affecting my current one, too. During otherwise happy times, I'll feel the gnawing "tight" sensation and get quiet, depressed, and just generally bring the mood down. I do tell my girlfriend about it sometimes but I really try not to. It's embarrassing, depressing, and not her problem. I know I probably need to get help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Re: "Spleen" pain since July. Feel like this is cancer. Help?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 01:09:46 PM »
Have you seen a chiropractor? It sounds like a rib issue to me. If it started after a respiratory infection and you were coughing a lot then I would say I'm 99% sure it's your ribs out of alignment
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Offline Baldrick

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 03:19:38 PM »
I've been having a similar thing for several months. A dull ache in my left side/abdomen right where my spleen should be.
I had ultrasounds two years ago and my spleen was normal. But still........that was two years ago
Bookmark and Share

Offline jenkyleg

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 08:28:40 PM »
Hmm. So I guess at least I'm not the only one feeling this. Still...why would it happen now, and continually, if mine was only anxiety? I guess the drawn-out nature of the ache (gone on for months!) only improves my outlook, but I'm worried that maybe this is one of those slow burn cancers that people have for a while before they get worse. Man. I don't know. This morning, I felt great. No pain. No worries. Then, as the pain crept in, I got all my old feelings back. I hate days like this--they're such a tease.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jenkyleg

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 11:32:25 PM »
Laying down, definitely hurts for real right now. This is frightening. Anyone have words of encouragement before I give up and go to the doctor?
Bookmark and Share