Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: So anxious with pancreatic fears  (Read 195 times)

Offline lois

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So anxious with pancreatic fears
« on: February 12, 2014, 10:45:52 AM »
hi friends im 55  and suffer from horrible health anxiety---and general anxiety i have been like this all my life and i HATE it! any way i need some help last year went to md with stomach pains---they took a cat scan and i had gallstones and also they saw lobulation on my pancreas. he told me to see my gastro md. my gastro said dont worry about gallbladder until u have more symptoms--but he wanted me to get a mri of pancreas-was a wreck after mri he said all ok something there but not sure what it was--sent me for a endoscopic ultrasound  that dr said it was normal--had another mri 6 months ago and gastro said still there but was not concerned.had my gallbladder out due to bad pain. now he wants me to have another mri----My anxiety is out of control as are my medical bills each time i get a mri its 750.00 out of pocket plus im paying $4,000 for my surgery--not sure what to think and when i try to talk to my gastro he kind of laughs and tells me im too anxious!! not sure what to think at this point  but my anxiety has me through the roof and i keep thinking im dying--please someone talk to me. thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline hachiko

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So anxious with pancreatic fears
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 05:46:39 PM »
well i don't know much about stomach pains :( but if you had two MRI and that they came out fine, i would not worry. If the doctor said he saw something, and in the two MRI - 6 months apart - and it did not change, i would not worry either. As for the money, i get it :( it is expensive... but for my piece of mind, if the doctor wanted me to do another MRI, i would. Did you take the appointment yet?
Bookmark and Share

Offline JZK

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 07:21:00 PM »
Two family members died of pancreatic cancer (one being my dear father).  Both of them lost a noticeable amount of weight before they were diagnosed.  That's a hallmark symptom.  About three years ago, I had relentless burning in my stomach and nausea.  I was convinced I had pancreatic cancer.  By the time I went to the doctor, I felt better, but the blood work he did revealed my lipase (pancreatic enzyme) was elevated, so I had an abdominal CAT scan (hated the radiation but feared cancer more).  Everything was fine, but my lipase still remains elevated.  I really think you are fine.  I'm 51 and have been a hypochondriac forever. 
Bookmark and Share

Online rileybug

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 10:26:24 PM »
I am also on a pc train of fear.   I did have a ct scan recently but i still worry about it.(also colon cancer and heart attacks)  All my tests are good so it must be ha.  I think some of its being in my 60s and knowing i'm open game for everything medically bad to happen.  I think it all relates to being really afraid of death and not wanting to die young and miss out on things.(daughters wedding,kids and my little granddaugher not rembering me)  This ha has just started in my 60s and is scary as hell.Never delt  with anything like this before.  Also my name is also Lois.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lois

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 12:30:13 AM »
Thank you kind friends I haven't made an appt yet because I'm so scared can't get myself under control so anxious
Bookmark and Share

Tags: