Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: really crappy morning, so worried :(  (Read 133 times)

Offline Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
really crappy morning, so worried :(
« on: February 12, 2014, 09:53:32 AM »
When I woke up this morning I had a pain in my left shoulder, close to my neck.  I tried my best to write it of as gas, and remind myself that I've had this pain MANY times before and it's never been anything.  Then I kind of forgot about it until I noticed that my left eye was blurry.  When this went away, my left jaw hurt.  An achey pain that I couldn't replicate by pressing anywhere or moving my jaw.  Then on my way to work the pain was in my back over my shoulder blade, as well as in my upper left arm.  Then it was in my chest.  Then, since getting to work, I keep getting sweating, and the pain is back in my shoulder near my neck.

Now this whole time I've been burping, but the burping isn't making it any better.  I took some gas-x and tums about an hour ago, but it doesn't seem to be helping. 

I KNOW that it's probably gas.  I've had so many stomach problems lately.  But last night my elbows both ached horribly, and I seemed to have a simultaneous ache in my lower jaw on both sides.  I'm so terrified that THIS TIME it really is my heart.  I don't know how to get that thought out of my mind.  I'm scared that I'm going to be leaving behind my family because I'm ignoring serious pains.  Shouldn't I be safe instead of sorry?  But then I'd be at the ER on a daily basis.  I HATE THIS.  Why can't I just be normal?  I'm so sad and scared.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Re: really crappy morning, so worried :(
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 09:59:22 AM »
I feel the same way myself sometimes. I woke up today with a pain in my right shoulder
and it goes to my shoulder blade. I hope I slept wrong. Our minds are wired to think the
worst possible outcomes, when it is typically not the case.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Lo213

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 10:13:41 AM »
I don't understand why I have to be like this.  How am I ever going to know if there's a serious problem?  I think that's my biggest fear; ignoring it when it really is serious and dying or suffering irresolvable damage for waiting too long to seek help.  I could go have every heart test known to man and still worry because there's no way to know for sure that I won't have a real heart problem in the future.  It seems like every day I think to myself "well, yesterday's problems probably weren't my heart since I'm still alive, but todays could be".  Then I think that the previous symptoms could be early warnings.....

It's such a horrible cycle. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 10:22:26 AM »
I agree as anxiety can mimic actual disease symptoms. After a while anxiety can be exhausting.
Accepting uncertainty is the key, but that can also be difficult to achieve.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Lo213

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 11:03:22 AM »
I don't know that I'll ever be able to accept uncertainty.  I can accept it as far as life in general, I could be in a car accident, I could get cancer....but I can't accept it when it comes to feeling symptoms that even the boxes of antacids say should be checked out and ignoring them.  For example, if I have symptoms that aren't potentially immediately life-threatening, I'm fine.  When I thought I had stomach cancer I was able to go get tested, and the negative result was enough for me to get over it.  I accepted that I didn't have stomach cancer then, and, if I do get it later, it will take a lot of time to develop, and I could deal with it then.  With my heart, though, there's no time to wait and see.  So now, every pain in my upper body makes me immediately fear that a heart attack is imminent, and even when I do get checked out, I know that the comfort is short lived because that doesn't mean that I couldn't have a real heart attack in the near future.  So the next time I get a pain it starts all over again.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 01:06:50 PM »
It honestly sounds like tight muscles mixed with panic. I hate when that happens. Burping is very common with anxiety because us anxious people tend to swallow air when we are even a little bit anxious. I have the same fear as you, with so many symptoms how will I know if I'm actually dying. This however makes me giggle because I can totally see myself being the one that writes off an actual heart attack as anxiety and just sit here like a dunce lol but my dr has reassured me that when it comes to real illness your body will "know"
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Offline Lo213

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 02:53:44 PM »
I feel like if it were muscle tightness that they would be sore to the touch, which they never are.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 03:00:03 PM »
Muscle tension doesn't necessarily mean pain. Mine are tense all the time and never actually hurt. They cause other symptoms, like headaches, fluttering feeling in chest, jaw pain, arm pains, chest/ rib pains, disequilibrium, shortness of breath,sore eyes. Really random things that I would never would have guessed tight muscles could do.
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Offline SammyRiver

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 03:12:04 PM »
Hi Lo213
A few months ago I took myself to the ER with very similar symptoms. The burping was new for me - NEVER had that symptom before! Anyway, I convinced myself it was my heart, rushed to hospital, get hooked up to moniters and got blood tests. The end result was a mild UTI that had created gas on my bladder and was causing all the symptoms including the burping.
Now, Im not saying that I think you have a UTI but just think, it could be anything as simple as that, it doesnt have to be your heart! I didnt have any other symptoms of a UTI but thats what it was.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 03:52:07 PM »
I'm so close to going to the ER for the second time in a week. I just don't know how much longer I can take it. I can't distract myself because the pain is too bad and keeps getting in the way. It's horrible.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: