Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: tender spot on jaw help  (Read 242 times)

Offline sally1959

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
tender spot on jaw help
« on: February 11, 2014, 09:44:33 PM »
Holy cow I thought this was an innocent thing to google, I figured maybe it was time to go to the dentist or something. No, Dr. Google just gave me a panic attack...

There is a spot on my left jawbone about halfway between my ear and my chin. It is just tender to touch. Not excruciatingly so, and it doesn't hurt unless I press on it. The other side is fine. Does anyone know what this could be indicative of? Is it worthy a trip to the doctor?
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: tender spot on jaw help
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 10:20:53 PM »
I've had that happen many times where one spot on my lower jaw will feel sore or tender to touch.  I often think it's related to either sinus or just the jaw or muscles themselves.  I have TMJ so I often have a lot of different facial pains. 

It seems to always just disappear so I don't think you really have anything to worry about.  I know how Google can send you into a spiral. ;)
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 01:18:36 PM »
TMJ could be the issue
Bookmark and Share

Offline mydogisnamedslippy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 03:19:16 PM »
Yea, my vote was totally going to be TMJ. Also, do you ever clench your jaw like when your nervous? I do this all the time and my jaw constantly feels wrecked. OH, also, do you have your wisdom teeth out??? That is another likely culprite.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lililanny

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 04:45:59 PM »
Hello,
I have this too. Just discovered it the other day. My tender sport is about a 1/2 inch to an inch along my jaw. I have already been worrying about the possibility of oral C due to mouth sores, facial numbness/weird feeling, swollen lymph nodes under my jaw...and then I read this too :/
Bookmark and Share
Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got - Graffito

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 10:35:24 PM »
See if the pharmacy has a dental appliance in the oral hygiene area. These are not cheap but they are cheaper than what your dentist makes. I have four that my dentist had made--they cost about 2 grand total. You might want to go with the dentist oral appliance though because they are tailor made. These help with the clenching and the fatigue that your mouth is having. More than likely what is happening is that your muscles are fatigued. It hurts like heck. I have horrible headaches and tense muscles which also add to the pain. Ibuprofen and acupuncture and physical therapy have helped some.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: