Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Looking for a reassuring voice that proves I am not going insane...  (Read 129 times)

Offline AntsyPants

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello everyone! It has been ages since I used a web forum. The last one I used was about punk and hardcore music. I decided to join because I want to meet people who can let me know that I am not alone in what I am feeling. I have a very supportive family and friends but they do not have an anxiety disorder like I do and sometimes I think they will never understand.

I have been suffering with anxiety since I was around 10, but the big crisis started in 2010. I have lots of health anxiety, after my mom got breast cancer, and I believe I have a hypersensitivity to anything that goes on in my body. Since I am more aware of everything that I feel, I worry much more and more often.

I have been diagnosed with Policystic Ovarian Syndrome and IBS. Most of the times I do not know if I am feeling anxious due to my health issues or if I am having health issues due to my anxiety.

I have recently been feeling very strange, very tired, having pelvic pain and just not feeling like myself. I get like hazy, my eyes do not see well sometimes, headaches, my chest gets really tight and get lots of gas, sometimes I can not stand bright lights and everything seems brighter, I sometimes feel like I have no "soul", I get really moody, my mouth gets dry, I get hot flashes, my face turns red, I have constant negative thoughts, I always think I am going to die or my close ones, I get bad acid reflux and IBS, bloating, migraines...you name it. Feel like my skin is burning.

I am also detoxing from smoking marijuana because of a job opportunity and plan to go back to my marijuana consumption later. It helps me a lot with my anxiety, even if some people say it does the contrary. I am scared I may get cancer or some other horrible disease like MS. I get obcessed googling symptoms and then scare myself sleepless.

I am considering taking medication but am scared since having a bad experience with Effexor.

I feel really lost and do not know how to go back to the relatively normal and happy person I was before 2010. I miss that.
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Looking for a reassuring voice that proves I am not going insane...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 06:08:03 PM »
Hi Antsy Pants,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

I am going to go ahead and move this post over to the hypochondria part of the forum as I believe that it is there that you will get the best responses to your concerns. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.