Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello out there  (Read 127 times)

Offline Lisaann92371

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello out there
« on: February 11, 2014, 02:03:50 PM »
Hi there! 
I'm new to here but not to anxiety.  I believe I've had anxiety since I was younger but it's ramped up in the past few years.
It started with the whole 2012 scare.  I found out about it the fall of 2010 and that's the start of my new era.  I spent weeks with pounding heart, immense fear, shaking, nausea the whole nine yards.  And I'm married with two older kids.  It through me for a loop.  I found a site that helped dispell all those irrational fears but still on 12/21/12 I had the shakes.
In October that same year I started in with health anxiety with cardiophobia.  I realized that I was nearing the age that my father died of a heart attack(43).  That is when the snowball really started rolling.  Since then I've had 2 ER visits, three days on a holter monitor, a CT angiogram and blood work ::). All of that showed everything is normal except for my cholesterol is high.
And even after all that and being an RN, every little twitch of pain or slightly dizzy feeling sends me overboard . 
I've been on zoloft for 8 months now been on 100mg for 4 months and have Ativan .5 mg for the anxiety attacks and that helps most of the time but there's still that little demon in my ear that whispers hey what was that?
So that's my story in a nutshell
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello out there
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 04:47:01 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Naser

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 11:07:13 AM »
Hello hope you feel better but first i have to ask you to forgive me if i make grammar mistakes  as english is not my mother language . My first experience with anxiety started in 1987 where i had a cute panic attack , so i visited a doctor at Stanford hospital and he explained to me that i suffered a cute panic attack and he prescribed ativan 2mg when needed and he told me this type of illness takes a very long time to be cured but honestly saying since that time till now my life has extremely changed i jumped into a new era in one night and been suffering since then, for few years i changed the medication after i visited a doctor in my home land as he prescribed Xanax i have to mention that in 1998 started to suffer from restless leg syndrome and now it have developed to something else  where wave of pain from the top of my head goes all the way to the bottom of my feet not nice feeling at all  something even newer just started which i get panic when doing my daily exercise at the gym while swimming get short breath  and aware of my breathing as am suffocating it lasts for seconds but ruins my excersice. So i have breathing phobia ,i like to share that with you all and to see if you have an advise for me
Thank you
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 01:07:41 PM »
Hi Lisa!  :action-smiley-065:

Welcome. I have very similar symptoms to yours, and actually had the very same concerns about 12/21/12. I researched the group pushing the notion and found out they had made a similar prediction in 1994. So, even in my over active mind, it was hard to give them credit.

I know also what it's like yo go to the er and be given a clean bill if health. These symptoms can be difficult to live with. How many people can walk around and say they feel like they're about to go at any moment? I think anxiety in that effect makes us strong. We can cope with a lot. It's a tough battle that's rarely understood. Hang in there and stay strong. :)

Also, on a side not, I want to express my gratuity for your profession. I have found that good nurses make all the difference to difficult patients like myself. When're I'm sick, I'd rather talk to them than the dr. They just seem to know what's really going on.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: