Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello. New User Here :)  (Read 65 times)

Offline SammyRiver

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello. New User Here :)
« on: February 11, 2014, 09:39:37 AM »
Hi everyone Im completely brand new to forums so I hope you can help me out here.
I have health anxiety and have had it for a number of years but at the moment it has gone into overdrive and is controlling my entire life so thought i would look for some online support.

My usual fear is heart attack/sudden death. Im only 26years old so i know its pretty unlikely, but as im sure you will all understand knowing the likelyhood and rational thinking is not one of my strong points.

My new extreme anxiety is Rabies. A month ago i was bitten by a dog ( pet dog from down my street)
I went straight to the emergency room for vaccinations. After 10days the dog was still alive and healthy so my treatment stopped as this is the quarentine period for rabies. Now i have caught the flu. (its winter plus im a teacher so no big suprise at all)

However, in my mind i cannot shake the idea that im infected. My whole life is consumed with this fear. Im googling  every 5mims and convincing myself ive got every symptom on the list. Unfortunately the symptoms of rabies are the same for flu so i actually am showing many of the usual signs. The dog is still healthy one month later but now im convinced that i didnt take a proper look at the dog and in fact it was another dog that bit me.

My problem is that nobody understands how this feels for me. They tell me dont worry, you havent got rabies. Youre overreacting. I know all that but i cant stop it. Ive called in sick to work a few times due to shear fear and anxiety.

Well, thats a bit of a long introduction to myself, but thats me.
Hope to get a chance to chat with you all and hopefully get some tips on how to control my anxiety
P.s i dont take a medicated approach as im also convinced that ill have an adverse affect and die from the pills too. Oh dear :,(

Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello. New User Here :)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 01:52:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: