Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: No one knows what's wrong  (Read 914 times)

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 27
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
    • Poke This Member
Re: No one knows what's wrong
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 10:33:27 AM »
Yes, stress CAN cause things like that - even the cough.  Let me explain - when you focus on a part of your body you actually begin to feel symptoms.   The symptoms are REAL, your brain can do amazing things.   Some things you may have had before, maybe always had on and off, but when you get into the anxiety mode you focus ALL your attention on the happenings of your body.  I had a pressure pain in my stomach almost all day long for 13 months before I finally decided to have it checked out (I fear doctors but it was getting to the point the worry was getting to me), as SOON as I was told it was absolutely nothing, the pain went away, THAT afternoon, just like that!  After 13 months!  In those 13 months all I would do would focus on that pain, "does it hurt now?"  Hmmm, it doesn't feel as bad, maybe if I do this it will stop, maybe if I take a GasX, I think it's a little better... wait now it's a little lower, why would it do that?  Google, google.... it MAY be such and such, wait but no, I don't have indigestion... google, google.... press my stomach, no doesn't hurt that way....  see what we can do with our minds?
(btw eye floaters have nothing to do with anxiety, stress or anything else - you wear glasses or contacts, right?)
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 79
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 11:22:26 AM »
Stress is one of the main reasons individuals call their primary care physicians.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 11:45:02 AM »
Yes indeed... stress is a very powerful force. I didn't realize the havoc it could cause on one's body until recently. I've had a large number of symptoms myself... and it seems they'll come and go in waves. For a period of time, sometimes a few days, sometimes a week, I'll have strong lightheadedness/dizziness, tingling, numbness in my fingertips, etc. The it seems the symptoms would shift. For a few days, or even a week, it would be strong stomach pain, acid reflux, chest pain, heart racing, which of course would cause my blood pressure to shoot up.

Now, I've never considered myself a hypochondriac - if anything, it has been the exact opposite for me. I'd get very, very sick, and it would take nearly all of my friends and family to force me to go to the dr. I went through many flu viruses with 103* fevers, without ever seeing a dr. So, when these symptoms first surfaced, it seemed logical to me to look them up via Google and try to treat them myself. Ha, big mistake. I think I can partially blame Google for any hypo I may have. Everything pointed to a serious life threatening illness. Like others, the more I read, the more intense the symptoms became, and new symptoms seemed to materialize out of nowhere.

I'm not sure if science has ever figured out why the brain goes on this symptom rampage when faced with tension and stress. I have read that the brain does react to it at times by entering 'fight or flight' mode, which would explain the heart rate, blood pressure, and numbness. Maybe if it stays in this mode long enough, and uncontrolled, it leads to the enhanced and varying symptoms we experience. Hmm, could be worth reading up on - I might have something to do on my days off.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 06:17:08 PM »
out of hospital now and i just feel so deflated. i have to go back in tomorrow to get a monitor fitted and they said most my symptoms aren't related to the wolff-parkinson white. Why am i living this hell!?

i do my best, start moving forward with my life and getting CBT, medication and exercising and now this. I get assaulted, basically lose my front teeth then lose a close family member and now all this. i'm so down at the minute. All my symptoms are terrible, tonight i feel absolutely AWFUL. pains, rash, tingling, itchy, twitching, unbalanced, aches, vibrating, eye floaters, gurgling, shaking hands/feet, head pains, ear fulness etc. etc. these are 24/7. These aren't mild symptoms that are going on they're very obvious and not normal things i'm paying attention to, believe me.

Now my whole plan is out the window i can't exercise as i have an underlying heart condition, i feel absolutely DREADFUL with everything going on in my body and a diagnosis is no closer for my symptoms. Why is this happening to me!? why is my body in constant torment and why can't i get a diagnosis. I feel like i'm dying seriously. I hate my life at the moment
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything