Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: No one knows what's wrong  (Read 327 times)

Offline mrdave92

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
No one knows what's wrong
« on: February 11, 2014, 06:40:34 AM »
So frustrated. I've been in hospital since Saturday after feeling faint and dizzy amongst othe symptoms. I've been feeling very ill for over a month now. They've found wolff-parkinson white disease when I had an ECG done. They've sent off various blood tests, chest x rays, further ECGs, swabs but I'm yet to hear anything back. I'm experiencing so many horrible symptoms and they're really affecting me. These aren't vague pains they're real and awful. I'm convinced I have a brain tumour or MS but I'm on the cardiology ward, I don't see why they don't do a head scan. Symptoms are

Hot and cold dots lips, face, knees, neck, legs
Shaking hands
Face rash
Face pain
Head pain above eyes
Dizziness
Joint pain thumb both sides
Tingling toes
Wrist pain
Loud gurgling stomach
Aching knee joint
Aching foot joints
Chest pain
Unsteady on feet
Easily tired
Cough
Hand on left knee and left ankle
Pain lower right leg
Fullness left ear
Internal vibrating
Left side feels weak
Burning tingle fingers
Fingertip pain
Left knuckle pain
Hot feelings
Feel unwell
Headache
Groin pain
Eye floaters
Right hand pain
Tingling/prickle bottom of foot
Cold dot bottom of foot
Aching left elbow
Pain left fingertips
Burning top of head
Itchy fingers
Chin pain
Nose pain
Tingling face
Left wrist pain
Forgetful
Cold behind ear
Right arm ache
Hot ear
Tingling under tongue
Cold hand
Right upper leg ache
Forehead ache
Fluttering chest/throat
Right toe pain
Cold drips on body
Pressure behind eyes
Cold drop right foot
Left rib pain
Back pain
Right shoulder pain
Back twitch
Stomach twitch
Hand ache
Sneezing
Runny nose
Tight nose
Eye pain
Left palm pain
Left sole of foot pain
Left shoulder pain
Right calf pain
Face pain
Pain behind left knees
Pins and needles toes
Tingling toes
Burning above left eye
Cold feeling top of right arm
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: No one knows what's wrong
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 06:48:36 AM »
I'm so sorry you're experiencing this :(

One thing someone told me once though, that's come in very handy is that - if you have a serious disease, you will usually experience only one or two symptoms at a time 

One of the ways doctors diagnose anxiety is by the sheer NUMBER of symptoms we experience. And looking at your list, I'd say pretty safely you have quite a few.

Have you had a look at the sticky at the tip of the board which contains a list of some if the most common anxiety symptoms? http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,73134.0.html

I think most of yours will be on there somewhere. Have you mentioned anxiety to any of your doctors at all? They might be able to recommend a treatment to help you feel better.

I hope you feel better - keep us updated!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 07:34:58 AM »
Thanks for the reply, it's just that there's so much going on

I get strange head pains and joint pains, I'm not aware these are symptoms of anxiety/stress? my hands have been constantly trembling and shaking in my hands. My whole body vibrates and jitters. I have jiggly pains everywhere and pins+needles. I was taking fluoxetine for 11 days but have changed to Trazadone which I've now been taking for 12 days.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kcg13

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 07:46:57 AM »
That is great that you are taking something, although I don't know much about trazadone, but please keep this in mind:  if it is anxiety, having so many symptoms like that is realistic.  And to be experiencing that many symptoms says your body must be under extreme stress.  That being said, theses symptoms will NOT just disappear because you somehow managed to have a less anxious day or because you are taking (or switched) meds.  The symptoms are going to stick around until you can manage your anxiety for a long enough period of time that your body can begin to rest and heal.  That is no quick process but it most definitely can be done.  Hope this helps.
Bookmark and Share
"If I could tell the world just one thing, it would be we're all ok.  And not to worry cause worry is wasteful and useless in times like these...." - "Hands" - Jewel

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 07:50:26 AM »
Thanks for the reply! It's just constant though with tingling, itching, pains everywhere, head pains, aches etc. I don't understand. Is joint pain even a symptom of anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Offline kcg13

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 07:55:22 AM »
Anxiety can manifest itself in unbelievable ways!  And 'constant' is common.  There is no quick fix to make everything go away.  The mind needs to heal before the physical symptoms disappear.
Bookmark and Share
"If I could tell the world just one thing, it would be we're all ok.  And not to worry cause worry is wasteful and useless in times like these...." - "Hands" - Jewel

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 08:05:24 AM »
I am very sorry you are in the hospital and are feeling so poorly. I really hope you feel better soon.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 14
  • Mood: Relieved
    Relieved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 09:00:37 AM »
Thanks for the reply! It's just constant though with tingling, itching, pains everywhere, head pains, aches etc. I don't understand. Is joint pain even a symptom of anxiety?

It's funny (not LOL funny, but "curious") a lot of things tingling, itching, joint pains, etc are symptoms of menopause.   Menopause has MANY of the same symptoms of anxiety AND hypothyroidism (did you get checked for that?  Hypothyroidism, not menopause!  LOL!)
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 09:49:29 AM »
Yeah they've ran about 4 separate blood tests checking for hyperthyroidism and other things, the results aren't all back yet but no irregularities have been reported so far. So anxiety and stress can really cause all this? It's bizarre. I'm hoping I'm not the first 21 year old male in history to to through a menopause!

Bookmark and Share

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 10:05:43 AM »
I have random diffing degrees of, but, CONSTANT:

Shaky, trembling, jittery, inner vibration feelings,
Dizziness/"off-balance" feeling,
Breathlessness (I feel as if my lungs aren't working properly...as if I can't get any air...suffocation),
Headaches,
Neck pain,
Jaw pain,
Horrible upper back pain,
Left arm pain,
Chest pains,
Vision issues (seeing spots, flashes, blurry, foggy, etc.),
Random numbness (hands, feet, face, tongue, etc.),
Random pins/needles,
Nausea,
Random itchy patches of skin,
Muscle twitches,
Muscle soreness,
Lethargic,

And every few days I get:
Random shocking electrical waves through various parts of my body,
Random ice cold or hot patches in various parts of my body,
Bone pain,
Joint pain,
Muscle spasms,

And I could seriously continue the list with symptoms I have had or still do have once in a while because of my Anxiety.
I've even had my whole left side suddenly go numb about 4 different times! (Ran to ER, of course)
And I've gone suddenly and completely blind 3 different times! (It was as if someone had put a dark grey curtain in the way of my eyesight)

And after ALL of this and more that I haven't mentioned...the outcome is always the same..."Your healthy...it's just anxiety...calm down."

It can be so annoying....believe me I know, but after this hospital visit, if they find nothing wrong with you, you have to be willing to accept the diagnoses of Anxiety Disorder.
It's the only way you're going to be able to get on with your life.

I know this because I am struggling with this exact thing as I type....and so are most of the people in this forum.
Smile...you are not alone and you will be okay  :bigsmile:

Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

My Blog: http://thoughtsineuphoria.wordpress.com/

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 14
  • Mood: Relieved
    Relieved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 10:33:27 AM »
Yes, stress CAN cause things like that - even the cough.  Let me explain - when you focus on a part of your body you actually begin to feel symptoms.   The symptoms are REAL, your brain can do amazing things.   Some things you may have had before, maybe always had on and off, but when you get into the anxiety mode you focus ALL your attention on the happenings of your body.  I had a pressure pain in my stomach almost all day long for 13 months before I finally decided to have it checked out (I fear doctors but it was getting to the point the worry was getting to me), as SOON as I was told it was absolutely nothing, the pain went away, THAT afternoon, just like that!  After 13 months!  In those 13 months all I would do would focus on that pain, "does it hurt now?"  Hmmm, it doesn't feel as bad, maybe if I do this it will stop, maybe if I take a GasX, I think it's a little better... wait now it's a little lower, why would it do that?  Google, google.... it MAY be such and such, wait but no, I don't have indigestion... google, google.... press my stomach, no doesn't hurt that way....  see what we can do with our minds?
(btw eye floaters have nothing to do with anxiety, stress or anything else - you wear glasses or contacts, right?)
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 11:22:26 AM »
Stress is one of the main reasons individuals call their primary care physicians.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 11:45:02 AM »
Yes indeed... stress is a very powerful force. I didn't realize the havoc it could cause on one's body until recently. I've had a large number of symptoms myself... and it seems they'll come and go in waves. For a period of time, sometimes a few days, sometimes a week, I'll have strong lightheadedness/dizziness, tingling, numbness in my fingertips, etc. The it seems the symptoms would shift. For a few days, or even a week, it would be strong stomach pain, acid reflux, chest pain, heart racing, which of course would cause my blood pressure to shoot up.

Now, I've never considered myself a hypochondriac - if anything, it has been the exact opposite for me. I'd get very, very sick, and it would take nearly all of my friends and family to force me to go to the dr. I went through many flu viruses with 103* fevers, without ever seeing a dr. So, when these symptoms first surfaced, it seemed logical to me to look them up via Google and try to treat them myself. Ha, big mistake. I think I can partially blame Google for any hypo I may have. Everything pointed to a serious life threatening illness. Like others, the more I read, the more intense the symptoms became, and new symptoms seemed to materialize out of nowhere.

I'm not sure if science has ever figured out why the brain goes on this symptom rampage when faced with tension and stress. I have read that the brain does react to it at times by entering 'fight or flight' mode, which would explain the heart rate, blood pressure, and numbness. Maybe if it stays in this mode long enough, and uncontrolled, it leads to the enhanced and varying symptoms we experience. Hmm, could be worth reading up on - I might have something to do on my days off.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 06:17:08 PM »
out of hospital now and i just feel so deflated. i have to go back in tomorrow to get a monitor fitted and they said most my symptoms aren't related to the wolff-parkinson white. Why am i living this hell!?

i do my best, start moving forward with my life and getting CBT, medication and exercising and now this. I get assaulted, basically lose my front teeth then lose a close family member and now all this. i'm so down at the minute. All my symptoms are terrible, tonight i feel absolutely AWFUL. pains, rash, tingling, itchy, twitching, unbalanced, aches, vibrating, eye floaters, gurgling, shaking hands/feet, head pains, ear fulness etc. etc. these are 24/7. These aren't mild symptoms that are going on they're very obvious and not normal things i'm paying attention to, believe me.

Now my whole plan is out the window i can't exercise as i have an underlying heart condition, i feel absolutely DREADFUL with everything going on in my body and a diagnosis is no closer for my symptoms. Why is this happening to me!? why is my body in constant torment and why can't i get a diagnosis. I feel like i'm dying seriously. I hate my life at the moment
Bookmark and Share

Tags: