Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: When you just go from one thing to the next...  (Read 167 times)

Offline sickntired

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
When you just go from one thing to the next...
« on: February 11, 2014, 03:46:11 AM »
I am sitting here feeling like I'm going to lose my mind!! Last week we lost power for a few days and had to stay at my parents, panic set in. Since that time I have had the feeling of a heart attack several times, blood clots n memory loss due to bumping my head ever so lightly and now am panicking because my fingers seem swollen so I must be in heart failure:-( It's very early in the morning, my husband n son r sleeping and I feel so alone!!

Why can't I see the craziness when I look back and realize the scatterbrained mess my thoughts are and face the reality that each thing passes n I usually come out ok?

Does anyone else do this constantly ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: When you just go from one thing to the next...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 04:19:28 AM »
I know I do, but I remind myself how torturous anxiety can be in this situation. It can impersonate a wide variety of illnesses and it's sole purpose is to make you worry. It's hard to live with, but read some of the threads here and don't hesitate to share your experiences.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline MOchp

• Anxiety Magnet
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Cold
    Cold
  • Living in Fear of My Own Body
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 05:23:45 AM »
In my years of experience with HA that is pretty much the normal course of events that as soon as one worry goes away another one takes its place. The only way I have found to remedy this is to help the anxiety. For me meds have helped a lot. For otheres either therapy or a combination of therapy and meds has helped. Everybody really has to find what helps them personally, but until the underlying anxiety is helped calm is hard to find.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 09:12:45 AM »
YES!  I seem to do it more when I have no special interest to focus on, like since July!   I constantly had SOMETHING!  Everything resolved itself or I realized I was being ridiculous.  But each new symptom of something has me thinking, "NOW this is something real!  THIS is the real deal!"  then it goes away I laugh, a new symptom comes up and "Here it is!  THIS is it"  and the cycle goes on and on and on.  Ever had two things at once?  I had tonsil cancer AND colon cancer (the tonsil cancer went away, and I realized I was being a nut with the other one)
Then I thought I had pilomotor seizure disorder, only 20 people in the world have it and I thought I may be number 21!   
Yesterday something weird happened to me and I said to my husband, "That's a symptom!"   Then I paused and said, "Symptom of what, I don't know, but it's a 'symptom'" (I have to laugh at myself sometime or I'll go totally insane)
(I stopped googling so I wasn't going to look it up)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 09:18:16 AM »
"That's a symptom!"   Then I paused and said, "Symptom of what, I don't know, but it's a 'symptom'"

;D
Bookmark and Share

Tags: