Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Add vs anxiety  (Read 120 times)

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Add vs anxiety
« on: February 10, 2014, 11:17:39 PM »
I'm starting to kind of think I have ADHD and anxiety or just ADHD. If you think about it when you go somewhere crowded you get nervous cause of all the people right? So you get labeled as having social anxiety, you get panicky can't focus heart starts pumping, all that fun stuff. But what if your getting anxious not because there's all these people around, maybe your brain is being stimulated to the max by everything going on and all the people you can't focus and you panic instead.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Add vs anxiety
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 11:27:38 PM »
That's deep.. But is it a fear of the crowds that is causing this or is it everything moving around you that's causing an overwhelming... almost claustrophobic sense?
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 12:34:57 AM »
Who's to say? ADHD and anxiety are so similar, think about someone who is afraid to drive for example because they get anxious when they drive. That same person might be able to drive at night or when there's no traffic. Why? Because the sun isn't shining in your face,  the 19 year old in his Audi isn't blaring his music next to you, theres not beeping, yelling, anything. Your brain isn't anxious because it's not trying to process 25 different things at once. I mean really think about how similar they are. Maybe you can't walk into Walmart or a big store because there's too much too look at, too many objects, noises, people shuffling. I think this really needs to be looked at further by psychiatrists. If your brain is trying to process all this what's it gonna do? It's gonna go frigin haywire and panic.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 12:53:53 AM »
I'm just speaking in general, but the more I think about it and learn about it the more I learn how intertwined they are. There's so many things that are overlooked medically when it comes to psychiatry. I feel like it's a lot easier to be thrown on meds and be told it's a chemical imbalance then to dig down and find the cause of why a person feels the way you do. I'm not saying taking medication is bad, I'm on klonopin myself, and I know there's people who can't function without it, but the reason is why?

I don't mean to ramble I'm just thinking a lot about everything
Bookmark and Share

Tags: