Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New here  (Read 176 times)

Offline clementine

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New here
« on: February 10, 2014, 08:43:06 PM »
Hi there, I'm 30 years old and have anxiety for as long as I can remember.  Since I was 6, I've had psoriasis that is aggravated by anxiety.  I've also had some traumatic events in my life that have exacerbated my anxiety. 

A few days after my 30th birthday (very recently), I had a panic attack with effects that lasted for several days.  I've been prescribed Xanax and have only taken it four times because I'm afraid to take it.  I've been having issues with depersonalization since then and am in the process of finding a psychiatrist/psychologist/counselor. 

I'm having a hard time even writing this post but I am trying to find a way to deal with all of this because I'm sick of it all.  It's starting to affect my job and I'm freaked out. 

Thank you for reading!

Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 09:32:45 PM »
Welcome to the board man,

Happy belated birthday as well. You're in good hands here, feel free to join chat and post around.

How come you fear taking your medication?

:action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 05:15:01 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline clementine

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 07:48:08 PM »
Welcome to the board man,

Happy belated birthday as well. You're in good hands here, feel free to join chat and post around.

How come you fear taking your medication?

:action-smiley-065:

Thank you! 

I'm afraid of taking meds because I don't want to get addicted to Xanax and I'm always afraid of how the meds will make me feel.  So I'm just taking it one day at a time now. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 09:51:04 PM »
I know what you mean man. I always fear judgement with taking mine. I also fear the medication taking over my mood. but they CAN be helpful. Just as your xanax would relieve you if you were to have a panic attack. I look at it like that, although I'm not sure on your dosage.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crissy212002

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 10:51:44 PM »
HI and welcome. This is a wonderful site with lots of wonderful people.They certainly help me alot. I know how you feel with the xanax i feel the same way. I was also given them but i have only taken it once. I am scared i am going to have an allergic reaction or something so i dont take them.
Good luck to you and God bless.
Bookmark and Share
Crissy212002

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 11:10:17 PM »
I just realized I've been saying man. Lol sorry about that "girlie" lol.
Bookmark and Share

Offline clementine

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 06:14:53 PM »
I know what you mean man. I always fear judgement with taking mine. I also fear the medication taking over my mood. but they CAN be helpful. Just as your xanax would relieve you if you were to have a panic attack. I look at it like that, although I'm not sure on your dosage.

I'm slowly understanding that :)  I've got a .25mg dosage, nothing crazy.  I've taken it four times in the past month, so I think i'm good. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline clementine

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 06:15:52 PM »
HI and welcome. This is a wonderful site with lots of wonderful people.They certainly help me alot. I know how you feel with the xanax i feel the same way. I was also given them but i have only taken it once. I am scared i am going to have an allergic reaction or something so i dont take them.
Good luck to you and God bless.

Thank you :)  I feel very welcomed here. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline clementine

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 06:16:27 PM »
I just realized I've been saying man. Lol sorry about that "girlie" lol.

Haha, it's okay, I'm usually one of the guys anyway!
Bookmark and Share

Offline clementine

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 06:17:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.

Thank you, will do!
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything