Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Breast pain and lump - terrified  (Read 326 times)

Offline texasgirlie

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Breast pain and lump - terrified
« on: February 10, 2014, 08:12:08 PM »
This morning I got ready for work and my right breast was a bit tender (noticed it when I was moving). I got to work and the pain was much worse. I checked my breast in the bathroom and found a sore, firm area. There is a lump in that area. I have very lumpy breasts in general, and I've had breast pain, but I've never had pain localized to a specific area before. The pain has not gotten better and my husband checked my breast when I got home from work and said he could feel what I was feeling (which is not a good feeling when you have health anxiety). He thinks I have a cyst but I googled and read a lot of awful things like inflammatory breast cancer. I am 24, childless and there is no history of breast cancer in my family that I know of. My period is not for another week. I am so so scared and I can't take off from work until Friday to get this checked out. Does anyone have experience with this? Support is appreciated.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Breast pain and lump - terrified
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 08:36:03 PM »
That is why Googling is terrible. This could be many things. Most of them are benign. But you decided it's the worst possible option of the worst possible thing.

You should definitely go check that out, but know that IBC is rare form of BC and very unlikely in your case.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 08:54:27 PM »
Also, note that even though you felt your lump today it diesn't mean it wasn't there for a long time. You said yourself, your breasts are lumpy.

Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 09:00:04 PM »
A painful lump is not cancer.  I know it's so hard not to worry but cancerous lumps don't hurt.
Bookmark and Share

Offline texasgirlie

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 06:12:47 PM »
Thanks for responding.  :spineyes: I really hope it's nothing serious. I have an appointment on Friday at 8:30. It's gotten bigger and harder and it hurts really bad. I think my husband may be right in thinking it's a cyst but I have no idea why something like that would randomly pop up. I've never had problems with my breasts except for them being very lumpy. The size of the firm area is about half an egg? It's a weird size I can't compare anything to but it isn't small. Anyone have experience with something like this? I have never even heard of this happening before.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2jrts

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 08:21:24 PM »
I used to get gigantic, very painful cysts seemingly overnight. I have fibrocystic breasts, which make them more conducive to cysts. I would get one or two huge cysts a year and freak out every time, even though I always knew they were probably cysts. I would always end up having them aspirated, because of the incredible discomfort. With me, stress brought them on. I am fairly small breasted, which seemed to make it all the more painful. Menopause helped significantly with this issue. Best of luck to you. Advil helped me when I got my huge cysts, but when they get that big aspiration by the doctor was the only thing that made me feel better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 08:27:39 PM »
Sounds like a cyst or an infection. Could even be an inflamed or blocked duct. Definitely doesn't sound like anything super scary, especially with how you've explained about it changing so rapidly.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 11:00:00 PM »
Cancer lumps aren't suppose hurt. It's probably a cyst. If the pain doesn't go away see your doctor.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: