Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Newbie after advice  (Read 131 times)

Offline Stephanie6

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Newbie after advice
« on: February 10, 2014, 07:45:05 PM »
I would just like some advice/opinions, for a few months now iv been having trouble getting and staying asleep, while I'm in bed I run threw in my head all the worse case senorioes that could Happen to my children and partner. From our house setting on fire, or us being burgled and killed, chocking, being run over! Anything bad iv probly thought it!! It's not just while I'm trying to fall asleep it's also my dreams are the same. I have to place my hand on my children's chest every night to feel there breathing before I can relax sometimes more than ones. My youngest is 8 months and I'm really struggling giving him lumpy food because of the fear of him chocking. Does this sound like anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Newbie after advice
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 10:32:34 PM »
These are symptoms of anxiety. If you ever go to a Psychiatrist (which is absolutely not a bad idea) these symptoms will more than likely be in the screening.

I could suggest going to your local grocery store in the vitamin/pharmacy section and picking up some Melatonin. It's naturally produced from your body so I wouldn't take it all the time, but it is all natural. Try one or two tablets under the tongue 30-45 minutes before bed and see how that puts you down.

Keep a notebook tucked in your nightstand, and if you wake up, or if you have worries before you lie down to sleep jaught it all down. it's going to look rediculous but don't be self concious about how you feel.

If you have insurance or the funds to go visit a psychiatrist you can go see one and let her know how you feel. From what the sounds of it it is an anxiety.

We all have anxiety but the severity differs. I have a social anxiety that is growing stronger by the day, but there are some veterans in here who suffer worse symptoms as well as the same symptoms you are facing.

Don't stress yourself out about it, it's just your mind playing tricks on you. but don't let it snowball effect your worries, you need to talk to someone about it, and sometime when you talk to your friends and family they will tell you "just to stop thinking that way." it's common and it's not good advice. How do you change or stop feeling the way you naturally feel?

You're in the right place for support here if you ever need someone to talk to.

Therapists can offer talks about how to change the way you perceive these thoughts, and a Psychiatrist can provide you with medication (and safe medication) to allow you to sleep through the night as well as ease anxiety throughout the day.

ask lots of questions and get yourself rooted to what's bothering you, don't let it beat you up girlie.

Have a great day.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 05:13:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline firewave

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 02:47:19 PM »
HI Stephanie6.

I just wanted to say that I have similar experiences and it's frustrating because the less sleep I get the more this happens to me and it seems to snowball.  Personally I have to have a funny tv show on in the background when I go to bed or uplifting music.  Nothing that will cause more anxiety that's for sure.  I still don't have an easy time going to sleep sometimes but these things do help.  I also have a humidifier in my room, being in Canada I need one going in the house, but that noise as well helps to keep me asleep... not so much get me to sleep :) 
Sometimes I find it helpful to drink chamomile tea before bed or I will have a warm bath before bed to make sure I am as relaxed as possible before I actually get into my bed. 
Take care I hope you get a lot of support and meaningful advice here on the forum and get a good nights sleep  :yes:

firewave
Bookmark and Share

Tags: