Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: X-Ray fears  (Read 473 times)

Offline Bulan

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: X-Ray fears
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 02:06:43 AM »
Yes, it does help a little. I'll talk with my doctor about it then, thanks!

Also, you said:

I know there are so many stories out there that can be scary - but I have never really heard a case of medical radiation induced cancer or radiation sickness.

The stories I always heard were historical ones... how a previous generation (over 100 years ago, maybe?) treated things like skin conditions with x-rays, not knowing the risks. So the ended up with higher incidences of cancer as a result.

So that's what always concerned me... Along with the way x-ray technicians (even in dental offices) hide around the corner or behind a wall when the x-ray is being taken. I realize they have the risk of an occupational exposure to radiation, but that act of walking out of the room or looking at you from the other side of a window tends to plant ideas in one's head...   ::)
Bookmark and Share

Offline aec711

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: X-Ray fears
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 10:38:43 AM »
Yes, it was from many years ago - in fact rich people used to purchase x-rays machines and use them at parties - there was no dose limitation and the machines produced a ton more radiation.  Yes, we stand behind the wall because we don't need the radiation.  Everyone knows that LARGE amounts of radiation is bad for you - and with me for example - 12 years - 5 days a week - 8 hours a day would be a lot of radiation to stand in all the time ;)
Bookmark and Share