Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety or actual relationship issues?  (Read 310 times)

Offline Skv80

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety or actual relationship issues?
« on: February 10, 2014, 05:24:35 PM »
Hello, I'm new here and could really use some advice. I was recently diagnosed with GAD and have been off work trying to get back on track and learn how to live my life with anxiety.

I have been with my bf for almost a year. I think things have always been a bit rocky because he has, what I'm sure is safe to call, "severe" ADD. He was not taking his meds for the first few months of dating which I didn't know about and his behaviour definitely made me anxious. Now that he takes his meds its not as bad but I am very anxious " about us" and break up with him in my mind all the time. I have ongoing doubts that can be triggered by insignificant things, like me not finding his jokes funny, which leads to me to think are we compatible. We have communication issues - a man of few words. This also makes me think, why am I still with him. There are many other things I can list but my concern here is, is this normal anxiety behaviour or actual relationship doubts.

My biggest fear is breaking up with him because of MY anxiety and not OUR issues.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 162
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety or actual relationship issues?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 05:51:12 AM »
I think you see many things in him that you don't like. That is more relationship issues. I don't see it as your anxiety talking for you. He is set in his ways. With a relationship we only find out what a person is really like when we begin to spend a lot of time around them. You are starting to see things you don't like. Things you most probably wouldn't go for in a male as a rule. It can take time to see these things. Now you have to ask yourself can you put up with his ways. These things you don't like. Are they things that would make you end a relationship? Only you know the real answers. You are the person who has to be with him and around him all this time. It can be awkward to be around a person we feel we have little in common with. Might be time to make your mind up on this one.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: