Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hello I'm new here and looking for support.  (Read 62 times)

Offline mumof3

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello I'm new here and looking for support.
« on: February 10, 2014, 04:27:19 PM »
Hi there - I stumbled across this site while searching for anxiety related illnesses. I am 50 years old and have been married to my wonderful husband for 26 years. I have had a pretty good life up to this point but have recently been plagued by health anxiety. I have had upper abdominal pain for 4 years and so far nothing has been found. The problem is that I feel really bad physically and I think they have missed something. I have been off work since early January. I am scheduled to see the Dr again next week but I keep thinking I won't make it that long. My family is very supportive but they think I'm crazy when I say that I think I am really sick. I started on anti depressants last week and have started counselling via my EAP program. I am in physical pain and very scared. I have had some traumatic issues in the past few years and wonder if everything has caught up with me. I want to be.prepared however in case there is something really wrong with me. Looking forward.to getting assistance on this site.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello I'm new here and looking for support.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 10:46:51 PM »
Welcome to the boards,

If under any emergency don't hesitate to call for help. The mind can read pain in a whole different level, to a point that you think it is much worse than it really is. I'm glad you were able to schedule for a doctor in a pretty decent time. Do you think that some of these anti-depressents you have started on may be influencing these feelings towards you feeling physically bad and/or your upper abdominal pain?

Best wishs, we're here for you if you need anything.

You may even try posting in the Hypochondria (Health Anxiety) forum or hopping in the chat room for some quick answers.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello I'm new here and looking for support.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 05:12:39 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: new Health Anxiety fear