Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Food recall has me worried about mad cow.  (Read 600 times)

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 13
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Food recall has me worried about mad cow.
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 06:41:52 AM »
Mad cow in England was because they were feeding cows to other cows including the brain.  That has been illegal in this country for a long, long while.  SO unless you were recently in England and had beef you're all set.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walking Circles

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 03:13:02 PM »
Right I had forgot about that. I suppose this one just hits on some irrational fears for me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walking Circles

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 01:08:30 PM »
Ok so I know I have been riding this one really hard here lately but it has me really stressed out. Does any one know if Laura's organic ground beef is on the recall list? It was the only beef I ate in the last year, I bought it here in Arkansas if that matters. Also does anyone think that they maybe hiding evidence of mad cow on this one? I doubt it as I think one or two recalls have been done for that reason here in the U.S. before and I think they were up front right off the bat about it. I also did some more digging and found out that the original recall that was only for one day of production was because the plant processed some culled dairy cows without the full inspection. I am still terrified of them coming out and saying mad cow was the cause of this one.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walking Circles

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2014, 07:25:35 PM »
So I guess I'm just way out there on this one?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2014, 07:45:02 PM »
I really, really doubt that organic beef would have mad cow.

As someone said above - the cause of the mad cow outbreak years ago was a spongiform that cows got by eating feed that contained the brains of other cows. FAR from their natural diet and I would be just about certain that organic feed doesn't contain that.

The feed included cow because it was cheaper and a lot of large scale meat producers are all about their bottom line. Organic meat costs more to produce but tends to be geared towards people who can afford to pay a little more for the sake of their health.

People who buy organic food don't like the idea of the cows eating pesticide in their grass. Can you IMAGINE what the backlash would be if it was found out they were eating feed with other bits of cow in it? :p
Bookmark and Share

Tags: