Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: At the ER.... I feel defeated  (Read 277 times)

Offline Vedabug54

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
At the ER.... I feel defeated
« on: February 10, 2014, 10:41:57 AM »
So yeah here I am. Haven't been to the ER in a year. I'm so sad. But I just can't take the chest pains anymore. I'm having a sharp pain in the center of my chest, and it feels like someone is sitting on it. My EKG was normal but there checking for bloo clots. That's my biggest fear! I am so afraid I have one. Is it just anxiety? Doctor said he doesn't think that's it, but is doing it as a precaution
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: At the ER.... I feel defeated
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 11:01:29 AM »
I know how you feel, I was just there the other night. And I want to go to a different hospital because the local one knows me and doesn't test me anymore. They just kept giving me stomach meds and they didn't help at all. I'm having chest, arm, and jaw pain that comes and goes in intensity. At it's worst I'm on tears, wanting to die to get rid of the pain. I just want to have my heart checked.
Bookmark and Share

Offline colorlessideas

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 11:06:54 AM »
I think many of us have been where you are. Think about it this way. The odds are highly in favor of it just being anxiety, but if it isn't something else, at least you'll be aware of it and get treatment immediately. Being at home worrying is  much worse. Not knowing is worse.

And you shouldn't feel defeated. Anxiety is a real problem, a sickness that is ugly and unfair in so many ways.
Bookmark and Share
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 11:56:12 AM »
Look on the bright side, they're testing you to eliminate another problem that you might be worried about later on. Have faith in medical professionals, this is what they do every single day of their working lives. They know the symptoms and what to look and test for. I've had the same pains, and they are NOT fun, and even though it's a relief for them to be diagnosed as anxiety - it's also frustrating at the same time to go through the trouble and expense just to be told that.

Good luck to you and keep us updated
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 12:22:01 PM »
I was having sharp chest pains years ago, my HA was super low then. I went to a cardiologist, had an EKG and stress test. Everything came back normal. Wouldn't you know, the pains went away. It was stress.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: