Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: does anyone feel they going to go crazy  (Read 490 times)

Offline pauluk46

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
does anyone feel they going to go crazy
« on: February 10, 2014, 07:11:55 AM »
Had terrible anxiety lately and think it may have been magnified by my friends passing unexpectedly two weeks ago. It seems I have a fear with me all the time and I just wish I could go to sleep and not wake up. I suffer from panic disorder, anxiety, agoraphobia and depression.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mhmommy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: does anyone feel they going to go crazy
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 01:12:38 PM »
yes. I'm trying to deal with it. I have insomnia/
early am panic attacks and then I'm scared for
hours. Have cancer fears and even though I try
to change my thinking I fear I'll get it just because
I'm thinking about it & I have been exposed to
high radiation. Yes, feel like I'm
Crazy - that my old life before this is unattainable.
I have all the things you have.. am going to try meds
and different therapist and keep trying.
What can we do today to help ourselves?
Are you married, kids?
Bookmark and Share

Offline pauluk46

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 01:56:18 PM »
No not married no kids. I live alone which is bad as my thoughts just go round and round. I have the thinking thing toon where I think will this or that happen and in the end I do nothing. I doubt I'll ever recover.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mhmommy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 02:59:13 PM »
how old are you? im 39. so sites like these can be helpful. and if you can, can you ***** or facetime, phone a therapist, have appointments that way to help with the agoraphobia? that way youd get some support. im thinking good thoughts for you for recovery and better quality of life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline pauluk46

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 04:15:02 PM »
I'm 46 been through the therapy thing and it seems they just want money and don't really want to cure me. Don't really get support just medication. The drs get involved then they get bored and leave me alone again
Bookmark and Share

Offline HRB39

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 04:28:17 AM »
Im afraid of the long term effects of these medications so I am trying a CBT approach. I do take low dose Xanax (.25) but that's it. At this point I would rather struggle day to day at times then find out 10-20 yrs I am permanently screwed up from a med. There is comfort in knowing that so many others on here are going though the same type of things
Bookmark and Share

Offline chino77

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 07:50:32 AM »
pretty much every morning when i wake up. .5mg of xanax usually straightens me out in 10-20 min though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MissSteele

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 10:27:39 PM »
Yes, I have felt this way. I felt like I was overcome with panic and anxiety, I could barely function. I wanted to stay asleep forever because I would always wake up in a panic and I couldn't overcome my crazy thoughts. I thought I would never get back to normal. Luckily, I found these forums. They helped me tremendously. I went to see a doctor, she gave me Xanax for when I absolutely needed them and Lexapro to take every day. I will tell you- it has worked wonderfully. I also went to a couple therapy sessions just to talk some stuff out. YOU CAN GET THROUGH THIS! Anxiety makes you feel like you are dying, but it cannot kill you. You will bounce back, you just have to believe it. I did it, and it wasn't easy, but I feel 100% better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline everette

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 12:45:24 AM »
Yeah I think I'm going crazy and my doctor agreed today. LOL
No he didn't really agree but after what I told him that I have been dissecting my stools looking for blood he said "lets set you up for a colonoscopy. That will help ease your mind."  Then he said "after that if you are still dissecting your stools then we may have to consider that are crazy".

I am a 48 year old male and my current fear is colon cancer.

If the colonoscopy is clear then I hope and pray that noting else starts up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MissSteele

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 03:08:38 PM »
 :happy0151:Great! The colonoscopy will ease your mind once you get the results that you are fine. Everything will be fine. You are trapped in that place where you cannot stop obsessing over your health and it is only adding to your intense anxiety, therefore perpetuating the belief that something is really wrong with you. Look at it this way- you most likely do NOT have colon cancer. You are probably fine, and this exam will ease your mind. But, on the off chance your worst fears are confirmed and you do have colon cancer (again, not likely), you will still be fine. I have known three people over the years who have had colon cancer and they are 100% fine. Even doctors will tell you, if you MUST have cancer, colon cancer is one of the best ones to have (not that any cancer is ever fantastic, but you know what I mean). The reason for this is the survival rate is VERY high for colon cancer patients and they usually just remove a portion of your affected colon to rid you of the cancer. The people I know have recovered wonderfully, and you would never know they ever had it. But, none of this matters because you probably don't even have it to begin with. I guess what I'm trying to say is, calm down and remember that even if something is wrong, it most likely won't be the end of the world and you will still be fine.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline pauluk46

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 04:55:53 PM »
Well not a good week. Ended up in crisis and given diazepam till Monday as Dr back out Tuesday. Had the c risks team ring me but they much use as a chocolate lifeguard. I told the so called medical professionals last summer and it had to come to this. I just wish the dread and constant fear would go away.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: