Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Episode of Heart Fluttering - Help!  (Read 149 times)

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
Episode of Heart Fluttering - Help!
« on: February 10, 2014, 03:05:47 AM »
Okay - it's like 3am but I am seriously wigging out. I was laying in bed watching tv when all of a sudden I felt a flutter in my heart (almost a sensation of breathlessness). I've had those in the past so I wasn't too worried about it, well about 5 minutes later I have another one... and than a few minutes later I get another ... and another. Spmetimes it makes me want to cough, so

So far I'm up to 8 flutters in 30 minutes. I checked my heart rate and it's about 80bmp (Which is about normal for me actually). I'm just really scared right now I don't know what to do - is this serious in that I should call someone right away or what? I don't have any history with heart disease although my mom does have heart disease every time I've gone they've said my heart sounded fine (I'm 19 by the way!)
Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Online Potatoes

• I'm so official, all I need is a whistle.
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • This Space For Rent - $5/day
    • Poke This Member
Re: Episode of Heart Fluttering - Help!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 03:33:36 AM »
If it were me, and especially if it happened again, I'd call a friend to put you at ease a bit. Do you live In the birds best still (with parents?) my main concern is causing it causing you worry, you don't want that.

If that happened to me id probably stand up for a few and occupy myself until I've put the problem to rest.

Don't let it go if it keeps happening though.
Bookmark and Share
Sometimes when I'm home alone, I fill my bathtub with tomato sauce and pretend I'm a meatball.

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 14
  • Mood: Relieved
    Relieved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 05:44:49 AM »
I had that right after I had my daughter, but it was happening 2 times a minute or 4 times a minute for 4 hours straight! (so that would be 60 to 120 times in 30 minutes!) - that is absolutely anxiety.   You may feel it in your throat and it tickles a bit and you have to cough, or you feel it missing a beat and the "pause" kind of takes your breath away, then after the pause the heart beats forcefully.  Then the more you worry about it the worse it will get, then you'll get MORE worried and it will get worse, viscous cycle.   To put your mind at ease if you went to a doctor they'd give you a 24 hour holter monitor to wear, then he'll see it on the readout, tell you it's anxiety or "cut back on the caffeine" and you'll relax.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 07:52:24 AM »
I would call your physician and describe your concerns and symptoms.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.