Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My story  (Read 117 times)

Offline Connor94

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My story
« on: February 10, 2014, 12:57:07 AM »
Hi everyone,

Where do i begin? I am a 19 year old from New Jersey, and a college student. I am here today because I have been battling health anxiety for almost a year now. It started after the death of my girlfriend's mom who had numerous heath problems. She passed far too young, and it was a very difficult time for my girlfriend. She is doing good now thankfully. The time of her mother's passing was a day before my highs school graduation which added to the extreme stress that i felt during this time. In addition, i was sick with an ear infection and sinus problem. Fast forward 2 weeks later, i still was not feeling well. I kept waking up with a soar throat and congestion. This lead to the beginning of my health anxiety. I do not take well to feeling unwell. I Think its largely because i'm a control freak and cant handle losing control of my body. I began to see a ear nose and throat doctor, who recommended I see an allergist to be tested for allergies. I did not have a single one. This was obviously frustrating as i had now been feeling unwell for 3 months. My ENT doctor now thinks it is reflux which is causing the symptoms. I have been trying different medications, and am in the process of trying a different dosage of one i have been taking. No luck still.

Time to backtrack a little. During the summer months following graduation, I began to have panic attacks. I went to the ER for the first one because i had never felt anything like it before. I had about 3 more and began to see a psychiatrist. Ever since i have been able to stop the panic attacks, but the anxiety still lingers. I am learning to live with it, but it is hard. I wake up everyday feeling awful. This is partly due to my mysterious sinus problem and partly due to the anxiety i have over my health. I attribute the feelings of fatigue, pain, heart palpitations, and anything else as something that is seriously wrong with me. I have had blood tests and everything checks out, but i cant convince myself that i am completely okay simply because i feel so bad everyday. I hope that i can find people with similar issues on here that can help me work through my daily anxiety. I hope one day that i will feel normal again. Thanks for reading. It feels good to get some of this off my chest. I could go into so much more detail but it would take hours.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Cold
    Cold
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: My story
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 02:02:09 AM »
Conner,

First off, welcome to the board. You will find a lot of people around here who are here to talk things through and this place is awesome for support.

For 19 years old you have endured quite a bit from what it sounds, but you are being very responsible for your personal health in means to keep yourself in check to know nothing serious has occured. Anxiety is a nasty thing, everyone here can agree but I am glad that you are dead set on taking a handle on it.

WIth sinuses it's got to be frustrating having to bounce through different doctors. I have a friend I met at the local gym who has had really bad sinus/congestion/ and all around being sick symptoms for a few months until he decided to get his vents/ducts in his house vacuumed out. he said he's feeling a lot better, I have yet to check up with him to see if his conditions have stabilized.

Best wishes to you, and I hope to see you around. :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: My story
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 05:32:31 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: