Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Rough night and day  (Read 203 times)

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Rough night and day
« on: February 09, 2014, 07:28:39 PM »
Evening everyone,

Well last night I figured I would work out in my bedroom before bed. I usually go to the gym, but my elevated anxiety lately has made it hard to go. Anyway, I did a few curls, push ups, planks, some situps and squats. I noticed after the squats I felt a bit woozy. I drank a glass of milk and got in to bed. Unfortunately, my head began tingling strongly, and I began to have a hard time breathing, along with sharp chest pains. I got up to grab a glass of water and felt some strong reflux, probably aggrivated from the situps. Anyway, I laid back down with my chest and head elevated and was able to get the reflux under control. Unfortunately my anxiety wasn't letting me off the hook that easy, and kept me up until about 5am, when I finally fell asleep to some odd dreams.

I work 1pm to 1am, so I was able to get enough rest to function at work. I'm actually writing this on my lunch break. The anxiety is still strongly present in the form of head tingling and a little dizziness.

Writing about it does seem to help, but those that are inclined to do so, please include me (and all anxiety sufferers) in your prayers tonight.
Bookmark and Share

Online anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 202
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Rough night and day
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 08:40:45 PM »
I will certainly include you in my prayers tonight.....is there any way at work you can concentrate on something other than the anxiety in order to distract yourself?  What about when you go home to go to sleep....try counting backwards starting at 100 so that your mind is on the counting and not your anxiety and I bet you fall asleep before you are done counting...the trick is to count slowly!  I hope the remainder of your work shift goes well!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline onegirlandherlittledog

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 09:01:40 PM »
You are in my prayers tonight :) I hope it brings some comfort
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 10:05:35 PM »

Hi Clipper,

I'm so sorry to hear you had a rough night and day.  You started with good intentions -- working out -- and challenges came up.

I am buddhist and I will chant for your wellness and peaceful joy.  Any time you want to private me, please do.  If I'm at my
laptop, I will respond.  Have a peaceful and mellow day!  And I wish that for all folks with anxiety as well.

Dwight
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 03:28:04 AM »
Thanks everyone, your kind words mean a lot. Had a pretty good bout of chest pain but managed to make it through work and am home resting now. Hopefully a little water and some bed rest will help this body heal.
Bookmark and Share

Online Potatoes

• I'm so official, all I need is a whistle.
  • Rec's: 4
    Relaxed
  • This Space For Rent - $5/day
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 03:41:52 AM »
Taters gots your back. Glad to hear you pulled through your tough day. See you in chat bruh
Bookmark and Share
Sometimes when I'm home alone, I fill my bathtub with tomato sauce and pretend I'm a meatball.

Offline clippergoodwill

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 01:03:28 PM »
LOL thanks Tater, good chatting with you and everyone last night. :action-smiley-065:

I can't complain, I slept like a rock last night and feel a whole lot better today. About to head in to work. Thanks for everyone's support, hope I can return the favor to ya'll.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Online Potatoes

• I'm so official, all I need is a whistle.
  • Rec's: 4
    Relaxed
  • This Space For Rent - $5/day
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 01:38:22 PM »
Well you could attend the rest of my classes if you'd like. Get here early there's a lot of snow, not the typical dusty tumbleweed highways you're probably used to. I can't keep focused for the life of me. My mind is kicking my butt.

I'll fax you my class schedule. And give the girl in my English class that sits next to me my number.
Bookmark and Share
Sometimes when I'm home alone, I fill my bathtub with tomato sauce and pretend I'm a meatball.

Offline clippergoodwill

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 01:48:38 PM »
LOL snow eh? We don't have a clue about that this far south. We'll bbq in a cat 1 hurricane, but shut down the whole country for .0001" of ice. We can't drive on the frozen devil.

Send pics of said girl. Haha
Bookmark and Share