Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Tongue problems  (Read 223 times)

Offline notdyingtoday

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • not dying today, check again tomorrow
    • Poke This Member
Tongue problems
« on: February 09, 2014, 06:44:30 PM »
There are a bunch of weird things my body is doing right now to freak me out, but for some reason I'm fixating on my tongue. A month or so ago I noticed a weird whitehead-looking bump on the underside, and since then I've had a lump in my tongue that I can notice when I scrape it between my upper and lower teeth. Annoying/scary enough, but I also have a tiny, painful bump on the side of my tongue (like an inflamed taste bud), random sore throats, a swollen tongue with teeth indents on the sides, and what I expect is an oral yeast infection but Oh God What If It's Worse.

I've been doing pretty good not freaking out so far (and getting up my courage to see a doctor), but tonight it's much, much harder and a lot scarier. My mouth hurts, my tongue feels like it's too big for my mouth, and to top it all off my TMJD is acting up so I can't even close my mouth properly. Ugh. I'm tired of spending so much of my free time in a cold panic.

On the upside, I've managed not to google (although it took shutting off my internet for a few hours to get over the worst of my urges to do so), and I think I'll have the courage to book a GP appointment tomorrow. Small victories.
Bookmark and Share
"Nothing’s lost forever. In this world, there is a kind of painful progress. Longing for what we’ve left behind and dreaming ahead. At least I think that’s so."

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tongue problems
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 06:48:51 PM »
On the upside, I've managed not to google (although it took shutting off my internet for a few hours to get over the worst of my urges to do so), and I think I'll have the courage to book a GP appointment tomorrow. Small victories.

Good job!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scaredofsymptoms

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 12:20:10 AM »
Check out my last post. I feel the exact se way. My tongue is bothering me so bad. My TMJD us acting up as well and I also feel like it's too big for my mouth. I've been getting scalloped edges and my tongue has begun twitching- freaking me out  :sick0002:
Bookmark and Share

Offline notdyingtoday

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • not dying today, check again tomorrow
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 10:12:42 PM »
Thanks! Unfortunately, I went and broke my winning streak - I Googled my symptoms, and now I have tongue cancer and/or HIV, obviously.

It's my birthday in three days. I want to just relax and actually have fun for once, instead of waiting in a panic for my GP appointment on Monday. I'm so tired of being so scared.
Bookmark and Share
"Nothing’s lost forever. In this world, there is a kind of painful progress. Longing for what we’ve left behind and dreaming ahead. At least I think that’s so."

Tags: