Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Bulging Discs experience anyone?  (Read 177 times)

Offline getmylifeback

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bulging Discs experience anyone?
« on: February 09, 2014, 06:41:42 PM »
Hello! :action-smiley-065: I am wondering if there are any members who had experience with bulging discs? I have 3, 2mm bulging discs in my L3-4, L4-5, AND L5-S1. My current symptoms are legs and groin pain, tingling in the feet. I've had health anxiety for the past 3 years, and have had pain and tingling in the past, which went away and came back. Just wondering if 2mm bulging discs can cause that much discomfort. Most doctors say that it shouldn't be and the majority of people I talked to are telling me it's from my muscle tension and anxiety causing me this pain. Any advice would be so helpful! Thank you! :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bulging Discs experience anyone?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 06:59:07 PM »
I have three bulging disks and yes they can cause pain but the majority of my pain came from pronated feet. Anxiety and stress can make it worse. I also getting leg and arm tingles whenever I'm anxious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline getmylifeback

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 07:12:44 PM »
Thanks Lara71! Yea, the pain that I am having is like burning, tight muscle pain. My legs also feel so sensitive to everything like touch. Silly as it seems, it hurts more when I wear pants... :spineyes: And the extent of the pain does match with the size of the bulge.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NeverAgain2

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 08:36:47 PM »
Thanks Lara71! Yea, the pain that I am having is like burning, tight muscle pain. My legs also feel so sensitive to everything like touch. Silly as it seems, it hurts more when I wear pants... :spineyes: And the extent of the pain does match with the size of the bulge.

Most disc herniations do not cause pain or long lasting pain.  Almost everybody over the age of 20 has back abnormalities that are asymptomatic.  Before you get off the charts worry about this, I suggest reading "Healing Back Pain," by John Sarno MD.  In fact, just read the reviews on Amazon, and it might make you think again that your problem is spine related rather than anxiety/depression and chronic stress. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline getmylifeback

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 11:08:03 PM »
Thank you so much NeverAgain2! I actually just finished Back in Control by John Sarno MD! I'm so glad for your response. I guess I have my next read now  :happy0151: This pain really all started when I had so much stress. I got 2 MRI's, one in hip and one in the lower back. The lower back only showed the bulging discs, so I'm starting to really believe that this is anxiety related. I've been down this road before dealing with anxiety pain, I guess I shall walk it again but this time with experience. Thanks again!
Bookmark and Share