Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Freaking out again... Tonsil cancer?  (Read 141 times)

Offline Taurus4

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Freaking out again... Tonsil cancer?
« on: February 09, 2014, 04:24:01 PM »
How is it possible for someone to go from one disease fear to another so quickly? One day it's colon cancer and the next it's now tonsil cancer? I'm trying not to freak out or google this time but I'm really looking for some advice on this. For a few years now I've noticed that my one tonsil seems to be fairly larger than the other. It happened around the time I got a really bad ear infection in college. The thing is, the one tonsil never went down. I also feel like I have some enlarged lymph nodes in my chest. I'm wondering if the cause of all of this could be lymphoma or tonsil cancer? After a few years would more serious symptoms be there? Are there causes for one tonsil being larger than then the other that isn't cancer? I'm really nervous that I haven't taken this seriously until now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Taurus4

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Freaking out again... Tonsil cancer?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 07:42:42 PM »
Anyone have any advice? I'm very nervous that this is not normal and putting myself in a pretty bad panic.
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 14
  • Mood: Relieved
    Relieved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 07:55:52 PM »
Some people just naturally have one bigger than the other.   Seems like I do - not real bigger, but the one on the right you know is there, it looks like I have NOTHING on the left.   
So you went from colon cancer to to tonsil cancer?  Me too!  LOL!!  But mine overlapped, I had both cancers at the same time... (both mine went away - well the WORRY about colon cancer went away anyway, the cyst on my tonsil drained spontaneously. (I wouldn't even know I HAD that cyst if I didn't periodically check my throat for no reason!)  I had MS for a little while too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Taurus4

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 08:03:21 PM »
This is so ridiculous. Why would I just start now thinking about something I know that's been there for years? I hate that I'm in this terrible googling phase and you literally can not look up one simple symptom without getting the results of cancer. I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow but how I do tell him that at 24 years old I'm suffering from a simultaneous fear of lympoma and colon cancer? I feel crazy even typing that. I know I need to treat my anxiety but I fear that until I get the all clear medically, I won't get this ultimate doom feeling out of my mind. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nann James

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 08:15:09 PM »
There was a website that helped me a lot when I was having my freaking out over my throat... it was called "lump in the mouth" though it was typically about lumps in the mouth... people talked about the weird things they saw in there that scared them. I think if there was more detailed information on the net on exactly what is cancer and what isn't .. with pictures ... things might be better. Check it out. It has a message board.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Taurus4

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 08:41:58 PM »
Thanks... Just looking for something that will help with my freak outs, not add fuel to the fire. That's why I usually come here because most of us have suffered from similar fears.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Melissa100

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 09:55:59 PM »
Wired but I went through the same thing. I do get tonsil stones and one side of my neck hurts right by the ear. I also thought it was lymphoma because I constantly felt my neck for enlarged lymph nodes. I had a CT of my neck and nothing. Now since my jaw, tonsils and lymph node just on right side hurts I am concerned about Saliva gland. as you said when you google the first thing it pops out is cancer, now my brain is the same way even without googling if I feel pain anywhere I think of cancer. I am also 16 weeks pregnant and it drives me nuts that I can't have any tests done. My knee is hurting and of course I think the worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Taurus4

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 10:15:14 PM »
I mean, I keep trying to tell myself that after 3 or so years I would have more symptoms but I have not been the most rational person lately. I saw something only that said "one enlarged tonsil is a very common indicator of lymphoma". What?? I feel like there's no way it's that common. I'm going to have my doctor look at it when I go this week to get a professional opinion.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: