Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Health anxiety taking over again.  (Read 191 times)

Offline Walking Circles

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Health anxiety taking over again.
« on: February 09, 2014, 03:17:01 PM »
Ok so my hypochondria has been kicking into high gear again here latley. Two main things have been on my mind
1. Chemical exposure
2.  The recent beef recall

On number one of my hobbies is assembling models and painting them, but now I can't as I have developed this fear of the chemicals in the modeling glues and paints. I am afraid  they could cause cancer or some sort of neurological disease.

On number two I a worried about why 8 million pounds of beef have been recalled. They aren't giving a specific reason and I am afraid it may be mad cow disease.  I don't eat beef but my wife does and we were supposed to go out to ea this weekend, now I am afraid of exposing us to whatever it is they have recalled for.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walking Circles

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Health anxiety taking over again.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 04:44:44 PM »
Ok so the beef recall is now causing me a panic attack. I was reading about and in a comment  someone posted a link to Mad cow info. Is there a reason to belie  that Mad Cow was the cause of this recall? I would think that we would know more now but all they are saying is that diseased animals were processes without a full federal inspection. I am terrified that this is going to turn into a mad cow thing! I am actually sick to my stomach thinking about it. I don't eat beefs but my wife does, though I am afraid that if it is mad cow I could be exposed through something like bone meal in sugar or something like that. Does anyone have any more info on this? I know they did another recall last month at the same plant for the same reason. It also worried me that it is a class 1 recall whatever that means? Any help here would be great because I am freaking out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mustardtiger56

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Health anxiety taking over again.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 11:53:45 PM »
I built models and dioramas as well for two years. I've breathed in airbrush cleaner, paints,spray adhesive,polystyrene dust and many other toxic things by accident. As long as you don't breath this stuff in regularly youll be fine, I know dozens of people who work in auto shops, manufacturing plants, water plants and many other places where they breathe in fumes all of the time. Most of these people will never get cancer, and if they do its probably not caused by the fumes theyve breathed in. In China people breathe in toxins and fumes 24/7 with no break, there cancer rates are no higher than North Americas. You'll be fine, enjoy your hobby. If it concerns you buy a respirator.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: