Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: going to the doctor tomorrow and worried here's my story  (Read 600 times)

Offline everette

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: going to the doctor tomorrow and worried here's my story
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 03:47:55 PM »
Is that sleep like when you have surgery?

When I had a hernia repair years ago the anesthesiologist didn't want to put me to sleep because I smoke so he used some kind meds injected in my back so I was awake but a little drowsy but I couldn't feel anything from my chest down.
Bookmark and Share

Online xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 03:59:33 PM »
I've had 2 scopes. You'll always hear that the prep is the worst part - and it is! I think the drugs are fantastic. You'll most likely be completely out, wake up in recovery feeling a little gassy. I always wake up feeling happy and HUNGRY. I get my full report with pictures right away. Best of luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 05:03:30 PM »
The prep is the worst part.
You are not the oldest either. I am a year or two older.
Both my husband and I have had one each and the worry was really the worst part too.
I remember the doctor asking me about what was going on in my life and then the next thing I knew was that I woke up in the recovery room and my husband was there.
I was concerned because my father has had a few polyps and a younger brother has had three colonoscopies. Every thing turned out just fine.
You'll be starving when you get out so enjoy a good meal.
Have the procedure early in the morning to get it over with and to be able to go about your day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline everette

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 08:13:16 PM »
I forgot to mention that my doctor also diagnosed me with a Inguinal hernia. I already knew I had it because I had one years ago.
Problem is now it's starting to act up (mild discomfort) had me worried last night because I thought it was my colon but today I realized it was the hernia.
The doc that will do the colonoscopy is a general surgeon so when I meet him Tuesday I'll let him know about the hernia and see what he thinks we should do first fix hernia or colonoscopy.

I pray that if this colonoscopy is clear that this will end my anxiety. I can't do this anymore.
I am a 48 year man that is not scared of anything but this has me scared.
depression
I stood in my kitchen two nights in a row over this weekend and cried. I don't normally cry.

When I was 16 years old I got depressed and tried to kill my self but lucky the cops were looking for me and one found me in the woods just after I had hung my self and he held me up until another one got the chain off my neck.

I pray that all this does not send me in to depression.

Wouldn't that be something? worried all of this time about cancer killing me then end up with depression and killing my self.
No the deference now is that  I have a family and I am a God fearing Christian.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NeverAgain2

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 09:32:17 PM »
I forgot to mention that my doctor also diagnosed me with a Inguinal hernia. I already knew I had it because I had one years ago.
Problem is now it's starting to act up (mild discomfort) had me worried last night because I thought it was my colon but today I realized it was the hernia.
The doc that will do the colonoscopy is a general surgeon so when I meet him Tuesday I'll let him know about the hernia and see what he thinks we should do first fix hernia or colonoscopy.

I pray that if this colonoscopy is clear that this will end my anxiety. I can't do this anymore.
I am a 48 year man that is not scared of anything but this has me scared.
depression
I stood in my kitchen two nights in a row over this weekend and cried. I don't normally cry.

When I was 16 years old I got depressed and tried to kill my self but lucky the cops were looking for me and one found me in the woods just after I had hung my self and he held me up until another one got the chain off my neck.

I pray that all this does not send me in to depression.

Wouldn't that be something? worried all of this time about cancer killing me then end up with depression and killing my self.
No the deference now is that  I have a family and I am a God fearing Christian.

My guess is that you are already depressed, about life or your situation in general, and clearance on this test will be just a lull in the storm before something else grabs your overly heightened sense of bodily awareness.

Examining your life and taking changes that you have to take and learning about how to control anxiety will go a long way towards calming you down.  Please consider that you might already be in a depression and seek help accordingly.  If not for you, for your family.  Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: