Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: going to the doctor tomorrow and worried here's my story  (Read 688 times)

Offline everette

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
going to the doctor tomorrow and worried here's my story
« on: February 09, 2014, 02:32:30 PM »
First off I know that most here are young. I am 48

This all started around Dec. 20 when I noticed that I had lost a few pounds of weight and did the google and went in to panic mode.
I did realize after panic set in that I had stopped eating what I consider a 4th meal late at night so I had taken away between 350 to 500 + calories every day. When I did the calculation it came up to the weight that I had lost.

But I was already in panic mode so I searched every type of cancer known and decided that since I had no symptoms it most be one that shows no symptoms early like colon cancer.

So I convinced myself that I had colon cancer.
WARNING:this may sound gross.     I even started to inspecting my stools each time.
After about 2 weeks and nothing wrong with my stools I convinced my self that it was not colon cancer.

Just at the end of that scare I started to get pains in my hip joint's that fit the symptoms of bursitis because it's not constant and only happens in the mornings after I slept on my side all night ot if I sit a long time on the couch.
Anyway I read that prostate cancer can spread to the hips so I convinced myself that I had prostate cancer.
I even got up one morning and told my wife that if it had spread that they can not do anything for me and that we need to start making some plans.
Well after about a week of that I thought if it were prostate cancer that has spread then I should have other symptoms by then and I do not have any of the symptoms.
So I convinced my self that it not prostate cancer.

Right at the end of that scare I had constipation one night and then again the next morning.
But by the end of that second day my stool was back to normal except I noticed a tiny streak of blood on it and panic mode set in again.
I thought maybe it's just a hemroid because of the constipation.
I had the same thing happen the next morning and that scared me even more.
So Started back thinking about colon cancer.
I have found a few red things along the way inside of my stools but I'm not sure that they were blood because they show a day or two after I eat tomato's or red peppers.
One of those was last week and I also saw with it onions that I know only came from a burger that I had a few days before.

I had some diarrhea one morning last week but I had eating a green apple the night before or day before I can't remember and I had not eating an apple in a long time.

So I also had diarrhea this morning. I had  a salad last night with a lot of homemade dressing made from mayo and my wife said that salads some times gives people diarrhea.

Anyway I am going to the doctor in the morning and see what he thinks and I am very worried about that.

I was going to go Friday morning but I had a time getting sleep the night before.

I have no other symptoms of colon cancer but just worried.
By the way most of my stools are normal looking and size and color.
Bookmark and Share

Offline everette

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: going to the doctor tomorrow and worried here's my story
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 02:47:49 PM »
I forgot to mention that there is NO history of colon cancer in my family.
They found and removed a few polyps from my dad a few months ago and he is 68 year old.

I also have an intermittent pain at  the bottom of my right shoulder blade but I think it may also be bursitis because it only starts after I am sitting slumped over and doing something with my right arm.
Like when I started typing the post above it was fine but by time I was done it was hurting a little.  I am t=sitting on the couch with a laptop on my lap and typing this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 04:25:39 PM »
Hi ...Im 45 so we are not all that young here ....I think the doctor will tell you are fine everyhting you have said sounds logical and fine no cancer ....its amazing how we get ourselves into a frenzy over nothing...I have a bitter taste  at the moment and think I have ALS ? yes .......but I think you are fine I have done and thought all the same things about colon cancer.....but go to the dr and let them reasure you ..take care
Bookmark and Share

Offline Happenstance

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 05:16:47 PM »
Your doctor is likely to do a DRE (digital rectal exam) don't worry this is no fancy computer probe, digit means finger. They will ask you to lay on you left side and pull your knees up to your stomach put on gloves and a lubricant and gently insert one finger into your rectum, I have had a DRE for piles and never felt a thing, diagnosis, old fissure and some piles but receding piles do no treatment apart from a stool softener needed. They will check your prostate, as it can be easily felt via the rectum. Going to your doctor is nothing to worry about.

My stepdad is in his 80s and has prostate cancer, the treatments are AMAZING. Chances are you have some other benign condition causing this such as IBS and a problem with your hip muscles. They may send you on to a physio for further testing of the hip.

DO NOT WORRY. Best to get it checked out!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 05:18:21 PM »
The doctor will most likely recommend a colonoscopy considering your age. Don't freak out though :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline everette

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 06:05:02 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

I was fine reading them until I read Brick5711's post  and now I am really freaked out.

I was hopping that the doc would say that there was no need for a colonoscopy because  there no history in my family of colon cancer.

But if he does I guess it's better to go ahead and get it done and then I will know for sure if I'm going to die or it's all just in my head.

As for my hip I feel sure that it is bursitis because it only does it when I sleep on that side or sitting on the couch a long time.
My wife told to put a pillow between my legs and that actually works. Also it's not as bad now that rotate from side to side sleeping instead of laying on that one side all night.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 06:11:19 PM »
I dont think the doctor will ask for colonoscopy.....I dont c why ? really u sound ok to me....try not to worry ...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 06:14:46 PM »
The age for colonoscopys is 50. I am not saying he will say to do one but he just might even though it sounds like hemorrhoids. I definitely didn't mean because I think anything is wrong. Just with rectal bleeding even though it is hemorrhoids, he MAY suggest or ask if you want one. Its not like 28 or 38. No reason to worry at all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline everette

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 06:31:06 PM »
now my wife is really helping me. She just said if "he don't order the colonoscopy then I'm going tell him to so you can get over this mess".
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 07:02:13 PM »
If he does order one, just do it!! Believe me. It's so easy, and there's no feeling of relief like the one you'll get when it's done!  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2014, 07:09:33 PM »
Totally agree with above poster. I had one at 22 and getting ready for another one at 23. The procedure is a breeze. I just hate not eating.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2014, 08:25:23 PM »
Another one ? Is that really necessary at your age?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2014, 08:27:23 PM »
I have a post about gasto appt went ok. I don't want to hijack his thread. Unfortunately yes it is necessary.
Bookmark and Share

Offline everette

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 11:49:56 AM »
I didn't make it to the doc that morning because I didn't get to sleep that night then we got snowed in.

I just got to the doc this morning and he said that he didn't or hear anything from me that has him worried.

But he did set up an appointment with a colonoscopy doctor next Tuesday.
My doctor said we may as well go ahead with it to ease my mind.

I have never had one so any advice would be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 11:59:52 AM »
The worst part is not eating. You will be asleep for the procedure. Best sleep of your life seriously. I have one on Friday. You will get the results right away instead of waiting. Sme people feel sleepy ater the procedure. I felt fine and was ready to eat. You will be gassy because they fill our colon with air.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: