Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Weird soft swelling above my collarbone, left side. Painful pulling sensation...  (Read 1118 times)

Offline treadstone

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
I've been trying to shake off the health anxiety bugbear for a while. Earlier this month I was having pretty bad chest pain so I actually went up to the E.R. where they found nothing. At the same time, I had been having on-and-off pain in my left shoulder but it seemed like a secondary symptom, and during the commotion of the E.R. trip I forgot to bring it up since it wasn't hurting at that particular time.

When it hurts, it feels like the muscles around my left-side collarbone, shoulder, and neck are all seized up. Being away from home with the pain really bites because it interacts with my anxiety in a big way and makes it hard to walk around because of this weird pulling sensation, like there's a string between my upper left chest and my head trying to pull them together until my head is squashed down against my shoulder.

I was looking in the mirror, palpating the area - which I know is classic HA behavior, but I just wish I knew what this was - and it seems like there's a raised lump about halfway between the left side of my neck and my left shoulder. There's nothing like it on the right side. The lump  goes from the top side of my 'shoulder blade' area to above the left side of my collarbone. It's not hard or discolored or anything. Instead it feels just like normal skin. Sometimes I wonder if it feels a bit warm to the touch, but that's probably all the icy hot I've been putting on it.

I worry it's a lymph node or something, but if I remember correctly from school (I've been trying not to google), lymph node problems are usually accompanied by other symptoms like fever and chills and stuff. All I have, besides the pain, are anxiety and some fatigue.

Anyway, I thought I'd ask here instead of googling. Thanks, everyone.  :happy0151:

Bookmark and Share

Offline treadstone

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
Bump. Still experiencing this. :'(
Bookmark and Share

Offline mustardtiger56

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is it fixed? How large is it? Is it a round golf ball shape? Or more oval? Does it feel more like the tip of your nose or your earlobes?
Bookmark and Share

Offline monalisa2017

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello,

First time to this site. I have the same symptoms and am waiting for x-ray and blood test results. Saw your post was a few months ago and was wondering what the outcome was?

Also.......just realized I've been a closet "Hypo" for the last 25 years! 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: