Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Persistent back pain, some pelvic- thinking I have cancer  (Read 263 times)

Offline HRB39

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Persistent back pain, some pelvic- thinking I have cancer
« on: February 09, 2014, 06:58:00 AM »
I've had back pain on and off since I injured my back 15 yes ago, re-aggrivated it about 7 years ago. I have a pretty active job and I'm not getting any younger.

My wife and I saw a young man had passed in his 20's and we found out his only symptoms were a mole and back pain. Of course I have moles and back pain so now I'm making that leap that something more could be wrong with me.

I made an appointment with a dermatologist to have my skin checked and I'm also going to bring up the back pain to my doctor. My CBT therapist asked me how many people do you know with back pain, I wasn't sure. She was trying to get me to realize the correlation between just having back pain and cancer was so low it shouldn't be on my radar.

I also have GERD and a Hiatal Hernia which themselves could cause the pain as well? 
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: Persistent back pain, some pelvic- thinking I have cancer
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 08:46:12 AM »
Popped up a thread where people reported the ailments they thought they had in 2013. May help to get a glance at them.

Problems with our back are all too common and may recur. It is where our tensions sometimes like to collect. Yoga exercises can help. You can check YT. Your doctor may suggest certain exercises and maybe a better diet for the other symptoms. You are getting CBT therapy which can be quite effective. Exercise and meditation are also part of the regimen. Takes time, effort, and patience. Hope and optimism can return. Wishing you the best.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hachiko

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 09:35:16 AM »
Your doctor is right, back pain is common... it could be from that active job you have? and remember, it's not because you read about a disease that you have it too :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline HRB39

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 09:40:00 AM »
Thank you so much for the input
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 09:49:19 AM »
Listen to your doctor. You heard of 1 guy who had mole and back pain and died, and there are hundreds of thousand who have moles and back pain and don't have cancer.

I heard of one woman who was in an airplane which fell from 10000 ft and she was the only survivor, but I am sure not looking forward to that situation cause odds of surviving are very slim, and so are your odds of having a cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline HRB39

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 11:43:12 AM »
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the input, it helps a lot. I guess there's just that thought that why couldn't it happen to me? At some point I just have to live my life or when it is my time I will have a ton of regrets.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: