Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Has Anybody Been in a Psychiatric Inpatient Hospital?  (Read 180 times)

Offline sgreens1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Has Anybody Been in a Psychiatric Inpatient Hospital?
« on: February 09, 2014, 01:37:52 AM »
A few days ago I started having extreme feelings of worthlessness and thoughts of dying, and had just gotten my Ambien refilled, which I am addicted to. Over the course of three days, 20 pills were gone. I contacted the ***** chat line and made the mistake of telling her I took a lot of Ambien (which I did not take the Ambien to try to *****, just to numb the pain) and an hour later a bunch of cops and an ambulance showed up at my house. I was sent to the ER at the hospital where I'm currently doing intensive outpatient therapy, and they suggested that I stay in the psych hospital for a few days, but they didn't have any beds available and my parents werent comfortable with me going somewhere else, so I just went home. My mom now has my prescriptions and of course my family is very concerned about me. I'm still feeling very worthless and have thoughts about wanting to die, and I guess I'm just curious if anybody could tell me what their experience was like in an inpatient hospital program; if it benefited you, what it was like in general, etc. because I am trying to decide if I should try to get myself admitted.
Bookmark and Share

Offline johnathonm

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Has Anybody Been in a Psychiatric Inpatient Hospital?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 01:39:48 AM »
I have and it was a good experience overall.  They were nice and you aren't a prisoner like I'm the movies. I was in a similar place as you and was at risk.  If you are trying to or actively thinking about things like that you should go or call your doctor right way.  If you want to talk more message me.
Bookmark and Share