Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: constant worry about als what do i do?  (Read 487 times)

Offline etethorpe

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: constant worry about als what do i do?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 09:11:03 PM »
In all my recent symptom surfing of als (and I've done a lot), bitter taste did not come up once.  In the one forum I looked at (mentioned in my als post) where people posted their earliest symptoms there was not one mention of bitter taste in mouth.  If that is your only symptom I don't think you have ALS.  But if you are like me you will still worry until something else comes along.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 09:17:44 PM »
Thank you....!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 05:43:07 AM »
Really u do? And u havent googled or gone to dr? You must be doing really well...thats great...I wish I could get it into my head ...maybe I shouyld go to doctor again and try and get a better explanation ...exhausted

I do, and no I haven't googled or gone to dr. It doesn't bother me now. It can be bunch of things mostly benign, but it can't be ALS. ;)
Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 05:22:15 PM »
so what has got u here? u are obviously doing very well....whats your advice to get thru this
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 05:56:04 PM »
I have HA 5-6 years now. I had 2 major panic attacks, last January (ALS), and on 1st January this year (MS). This January I joined the site.

I started going to therapy last year, and I was taking Cipralex (citalopram) for couple of months but haven't seen any benefits from the medicine. 3 weeks ago I started taking Prozac and have to see yet will it work or not.

What has helped me very much was this forum actually. I started answering on other ppl threads, seeing how irrational their questions was and realized that I must sound like that myself. Then, I saw that we all have different diseases that we are afraid of, but one thing that we all share is that we are constantly Googling to try to reassure ourselves or to figure out what is wrong with us.  I saw how terrible Googling is and how it raises our anxiety and 2 weeks ago I decided to stop Googling completely.

My anxiety is significantly lower since I stopped Googling. I still have bad and good days but good are better than they were before, and bad ones are not as bad as before. Since my anxiety is lower, I am able to actually listen to my rational mind and thus able to calm myself down which was nearly impossible before. That is why I constantly tell ppl to stop Googling. I know exactly how HA feels, and I know what has helped me the most.

Hope this helps you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 06:11:56 PM »
I have to agree with you...googling is absolutely the worst thing....during the periods when I dont google I feel so much better....when a new symptom comes along and you start again then you get back on the roller coaster...like with this taste thing....I wish I had never started googling again....I havent googled in few days and am feeling little better already, plus with the help of you guys.....I hve been through some therapy some good some not so good...never taken medication.......but cant repeat more to people .....STOP googling
Bookmark and Share

Tags: