Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Should i be Concerned or not?  (Read 146 times)

Offline Tony1pup

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Should i be Concerned or not?
« on: February 09, 2014, 01:24:56 AM »
Whenever i go to bed i wake up having a panic attack.. Shaking, nervous, shortness of breathe, weak legs... I cant  tell if the weak muscles(sometimes pain or pinching) all over is a health concern or not.. But my muscles are so weak right now i can barely move but im not even having a panic attack....plus i took lorazepam when i felt weak and it didnt help.. Im sick of feeling this extreme muscle weakness & feeing nervous at random times of the night.. Do you know how to stop waking up at night & feeling panic? Im going to see a doctor asap about my weakness
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Should i be Concerned or not?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 05:52:52 AM »
You are taken the right steps by seeing a doctor. Only a doctor can really give you the right answer and tell you what needs to be done. I have had the problem before. For me it was just anxiety based. I just accepted this and got on with my life. Problem went away by itself. Let the doctor have his say. Is always better to be safe than sorry. If anything your mind will be put at ease. But it can be an anxiety based problem. Weak muscles that is. It is hard to come up with any real plan to help a person to stop waken up at night with anxiety. It can be like they are wakening up already in the panic state. At best you can try to breathe in the correct way and calm yourself back down. I use a radio every night. Puts me to sleep. Don't mind leaving it on all night. Good form of distraction.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline HRB39

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Should i be Concerned or not?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 07:20:39 AM »
I have the same issues, for me it is mostly situational as my first big panic attack happened to me in a hotel room when I was by myself. I have anxiety other times but it doesnt get to a panic attack.

Every time I'm in a hotel by myself an hr or two after falling asleep my body wakes me up and I feel I can't breathe, throat closing, body shaking, a feeling of needing care and not being able to notify anyone.

Sometimes breathing stops it, sometimes I have to get in the shower to calm down. I can't break this as I've been dealing with it for almost 3 years. Logic tells me it only happens in a hotel so its not medical, but logic is hard in a state where you were just awoken in a panic.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: