Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: please help heart worries :(  (Read 215 times)

Offline sally1959

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
please help heart worries :(
« on: February 08, 2014, 10:41:56 PM »
For the last few days there's been a single sort of painful spot above my left breast kind of near my heart. It's kind of sensitive to touch. Now my left arm is kind of weak, I'm scared. I feel like this isn't normal and that my heart is about to give out or something. Please tell me is this normal or what?
Bookmark and Share

Offline sally1959

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: please help heart worries :(
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 11:17:12 PM »
I can't shake this feeling that my heart is just going to like give out any second or something :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline NightBlizzard

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 12:03:53 AM »
Is the pain constant? Or does it come and go throughout the day? Also - have you been experiencing an increase in gas? (I know its kind of gross to talk about!)

The reason I ask is because I often experience chest pain - sometimes its sharp and stabbing, burning, dull and achy; and its especially scary when its on your left side - however I usually wind up gassy just a few minutes after the pain (which usually subsides by than).

Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline sally1959

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 12:11:08 AM »
It's mildly constant, sometimes I don't notice it but it gets worse sometimes. It's not gas. It's very localized to one spot above my heart sort of near my armpit. I could almost draw a circle around it, it's so localized.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NightBlizzard

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 12:17:11 AM »
Hmm; well if it's above your heart - near your armpit than you can be rest assured that your heart isn't the issue than! Have you done anything that could maybe have strained your muscle in that area? (I know shoveling in the snow makes my muscle there very sore)
Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 08:30:19 AM »
I have the same thing.  My sore spot is right along the upper, inside left breast.  It aches strongly at times that it's almost nauseating.  The pain will radiate into my shoulder, arm, and neck.  It's a very scary feeling. 

My doctor told me it's probably costochondritis.  Since I can push on that tender spot and make the pain worse, it's not heart related. 

The feeling of costochondritis mimics a heart attack so it is scary and uncomfortable.

Mine comes and goes with stress.  Right now it's back due to a lot of stress.  The past two nights I've been taking Slave and using a heating pad.  Once I start to relax, it let's up.

If you are experiencing the same thing, check with your doctor but it certainly sounds like what I have.  Hang in there and try to relax.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Tags: