Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scared of ovarian cancer...  (Read 276 times)

Offline inksie

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Excuuuuse me, Princess!
    • Poke This Member
Scared of ovarian cancer...
« on: February 08, 2014, 05:48:26 PM »
Hi,

21 year old scared woman here! I'm starting to get scared about ovarian cancer... my left pelvic area feels a bit bigger than my right side and sometimes I get stitch-like/cramp pains when I walk. It doesn't happen often, though. I went to the doctors about it last week and she felt around both my pelvic bones and said they felt normal.

I'm also starting to notice that I urinate more than usual. Normal days I pee about 4-5 times a day and now I'm starting to pee about 7-8 times a day. Should I be worried? :(
Bookmark and Share
Video games help me forget about my troubled HA.

"The flow of time is always cruel... Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days..." - Sheik.

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared of ovarian cancer...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 05:58:01 PM »
you are probably urinating more because you are nervous (about Ovarian Cancer) - bleeding is one of the big symptoms, plus "jeans getting too tight" (bloating between bottom of breasts and belly button area.  I believe if there is pain it is a dull cramping in lower abdomen, like very light period pains.  You are not describing OC, you may just be getting a spasm.
Bookmark and Share

Offline inksie

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 06:12:23 PM »
you are probably urinating more because you are nervous (about Ovarian Cancer) - bleeding is one of the big symptoms, plus "jeans getting too tight" (bloating between bottom of breasts and belly button area.  I believe if there is pain it is a dull cramping in lower abdomen, like very light period pains.  You are not describing OC, you may just be getting a spasm.

Does it have to be a constant bloating? Because I do sometimes feel bloated after a sort-of big meal but nothing unusual for me. I do sometimes get sharp or dull pains in the upper abdomen but I get these sorts of pains pretty much everywhere and it's not relatively common. I never bleed between periods either.
Bookmark and Share

"The flow of time is always cruel... Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days..." - Sheik.

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 06:52:38 PM »
When I say bloated I mean VISIBLE bloatation (is there such a word??? LOL!) and ALL the time - it doesn't go down and you can't "suck it in"
the dull pains would be in the lower abdomen, where you'd feel period pains.
Bookmark and Share

Offline inksie

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 07:37:02 PM »
I don't know what you mean by visible bloatation. :( I've never heard of that hahaha. But I do have a bit of a tummy and it has stuck out for as long as I can remember lol.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 08:51:22 AM »
If it's not any bigger than it used to be and you can "suck it in", it's not bloat from cancer.  It absolutely doesn't sound like ovarian cancer.    Oh and wait!  You are only 21????   I never even heard of someone that young getting OC!   That's for people MY age!  And the 3 people I know that have it are ages 53; 57 and 57...  that's more of a post menopausal thing, even the people I know were on the YOUNGER side of average!   So not only do you not have the symptoms, you are much too young, it would be very rare.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: