Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Did the medication stop working?  (Read 192 times)

Offline nancyga13

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Did the medication stop working?
« on: February 08, 2014, 02:35:59 PM »
I don't understand whats going on with me!!! I am taking 30mg of paxil and been on the upped dosage of 30mg probably a month and a half now i'm guessing somewhere around that timeline. Well I got my time of the month a few days ago and of course I know I get more and more anxiety with that...but now its been like a couple days since that is gone and I am having major anxiety! I almost feel like I am starting over again. I take my medication every single day and have not missed a dose and I was doing pretty well. Now I feel those insane out of control feelings, bad feeling in the pit of my stomach and I just wanna cry and I do not understand this what so ever. I feel like i'm gonna have a panic attack right now. I just don't wanna go back, I just don't wanna feel this way!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• I'm so official, all I need is a whistle.
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • This Space For Rent - $5/day
    • Poke This Member
Re: Did the medication stop working?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 02:41:41 PM »
Yeah that's definitely uncomfortable. If you haven't already, I would maybe get a hold of your doctor as soon as possible and let him or her know that your anxiety levels have returned, even after initial change in dosage.

Just be at ease that everything will be taken care of, I don't like to feel uncomfortable and I'm sure you don't either. There'll probably be more on here with more information than what I got, Just didn't want to leave you hanging. :P
Bookmark and Share
Sometimes when I'm home alone, I fill my bathtub with tomato sauce and pretend I'm a meatball.

Offline nancyga13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 02:50:33 PM »
thanks unfortunately I can't do anything till Monday If I need to!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• I'm so official, all I need is a whistle.
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • This Space For Rent - $5/day
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 03:05:24 PM »
That's definitely a pickle. I didn't even realize it was Saturday. I'm so used to straining over the days during the week with school and stuff.

I wish you had some fast acting "as-needed" medication, but it doesn't sound like you do.
Bookmark and Share
Sometimes when I'm home alone, I fill my bathtub with tomato sauce and pretend I'm a meatball.

Offline nancyga13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 04:59:21 PM »
I do I have klonopin!!! It helps some!! I just don't know whats going on with me.
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 67
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 05:14:49 PM »
I don't understand whats going on with me!!! I am taking 30mg of paxil and been on the upped dosage of 30mg probably a month and a half now i'm guessing somewhere around that timeline.

This probably isn't long enough to draw any firm conclusions, however, I suggest you discuss this with the prescribing doctor next week. In the mean time use the Klonopin to keep your anxiety under control.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline nancyga13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 06:47:35 PM »
Thanks I am going to call the nurse tomorrow morning because that's who I got to talk to first!!! I have had horrible panic today!!! I just don't know whats going on with this nervous system and mind of mine.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: