Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Comfort Zone  (Read 268 times)

Offline adwitte77

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Comfort Zone
« on: February 08, 2014, 01:49:58 PM »
I've noticed lately the things I do to keep my self comfortable during anxiety or to keep an attack from coming on.
When I'm feeling stressed or under attack I like to lay on my couch with a fan blowing on me. I just like to lay still
and have my stress balls with me. I will use them and close my eyes and squeeze them and count. It seems to help me
get through an anxiety attack. I always have water and drinking hot tea seems to help too. Anyone else have certain
things to help them cope?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Comfort Zone
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 01:58:32 PM »
That sounds actually pretty comfortable. It'll be in the middle of winter and I'll have one blanket and a box fan blowing on me.

I really want to buy a stress ball.

Surprisingly I like to go to my gym. It's a decent sized gym but smaller than those main stream gyms. It's like my own security club. I know everyone in there and a lot of the members know me as well.

During times of stress I often dedicate an evening to sitting in the Dry Sauna in the locker room with a jug of water and just sweat and relax. The smell of the wood and the the soft but hot heat all around you just releases all of your tension. You get a good sweat out of it too, which cleanses your pores.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 209
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 02:19:27 PM »
Seems I've got to keep cool during panic as well....also have found that counting backwards starting from 100 makes me concentrate on the counting rather than the anxiety and panic and works...especially while laying in bed at night.
Bookmark and Share

Offline chino77

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 07:55:11 AM »
if im feeling really bad i have a quiet area set up in the basement where i can lay on my couch with my dog in the dark. i tend to stay down there when trying new meds too untill the side effects wear off. i call it my nest lol.
Bookmark and Share

Offline alesha

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 12:30:58 AM »
Looking forward to reading responses to this post! Im trying to figure out whats best for me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 02:04:25 AM »
I really haven't found too much that is 100%, heck, even 50% effective in calming me down, but I am fairly new to anxiety. Right now, laying down and taking deep breaths, drinking water or milk seems to help, but there's been times that none of it was effective. I've tried varied relaxation techniques and each has worked once or twice, but not all the time. Meditation, video games, reading, etc.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 02:36:35 AM »
During my workout today I took 20 minutes to go into the Yoga Class Aerobic room (while no class was in session) stacked up those step surfaces about two stacks high, threw a couple yoga mats on it and laid flat on it, with my arms and legs dangling crusifix style, letting the blood flow....

Listened to music for 20 minutes, closed my eyes and just relaxed. let my mind flow.... It was the most comfortable thing I had done all day, I thin kI'm going to start incorporating that into my workouts daily.

Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 08:12:31 AM »
These are wonderful comfort zone suggestions. My key one is the spot where I meditate daily, sometimes with a fragrant candle (when I can overcome my fear of fire), or lavender oil, or soft music. Then there is practicing yoga, tai chi, journaling all the positives I want my stubborn brain to learn. Also go to the gym for some favorite machines and free weights. Once a week it's Zumba.

Sometimes all of this even works, ha ha. Other times I feel as if I'm back at square one, but never give up.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: