Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm tired of constant abdominal pain :(  (Read 197 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm tired of constant abdominal pain :(
« on: February 08, 2014, 12:35:27 PM »
I have had constant abdominal pain for the past 2 and a half years and I don't know how much more I can take.  It moves around from place to place, but normally stays above my navel, and actually in my navel.  It also occurs around my lower right quadrant.  I have been to doctor after doctor and none of them can figure out what is going on.  I don't understand what is going on and neither do they.  I just worry that it's something really serious and they just missed it.

The pain on a scale of 1-10 is probably a 3 on good days, and can be up to a 6-7 on bad days.  But, I've had x-rays, blood work, urinalysis', etc. and they all say that I'm fine or it's just IBS.  The pain right now is below my sternum and is around the level of where my ribs end.  What is going on?  I'm only 20, but I feel like I'm 90.
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm tired of constant abdominal pain :(
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 01:41:22 PM »
Have you ever had any ultrasounds done?  I was having weird pains off and on and my doctor had me get a complete abdominal u/s along with an internal.  Turns out that everything came back normal.  It's peace of mind to know that all of those organs were looked at and fine.  I still get those weird pains but I guess since I know nothing is wrong they don't bother me as much.  Maybe ask for that.  I hope you feel better and can put this out of your mind.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 06:03:08 PM »
Would an ultrasound rule out a tumor?  Or see a tumor at least if one was there?  I'm just out of options right now. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 06:14:50 PM »
You could just be focusing on it - I had a pressure pain in my stomach (mostly below the boob area) but sometimes below the belly button (same kind of pressure pain) and I had it for 13 months - EVERY DAY.   I finally had an endoscopy done and as soon as they told me nothing was wrong it went away immediately and never returned.  I realized that I was focusing on it continuously.
And if you had yours for 2 1/2 years it can't be anything serious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 06:33:33 PM »
I agree with sun lover. :)

I had a pain in my arm for MONTHS. And another one on my left side that lasted nearly as long.

As soon as I was told by the doctor that it was nothing to worry about, the pain in my arm vanished. It took an ultrasound of the pain in my side to convince me, but once it was done and I was told I was fine. I stopped focussing on it and the pain vanished overnight.

We anxiety conscious folk are so highly tuned with our bodies that we tend to completely focus on pains that are either totally insignificant and that people who don't have health anxiety wouldn't even notice - let alone worry about, or pains that our brains have made up in times of stress to give us something to focus on besides what is really worrying us.

Anxiety really sucks...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: