Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Learning to deal  (Read 122 times)

Offline Sariahsmom

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Learning to deal
« on: February 08, 2014, 12:00:08 PM »
I am still learning to deal doctors have had me on several meds to no avail.  I live in a small town so there is limited counseling.  Hoping to find people who I can talk to and find some higherground.
Bookmark and Share

Online anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 209
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Learning to deal
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 02:25:47 PM »
So sorry to hear you are struggling.  This is a great place to come to get some support and read through posts and see what others have done to help themselves through this and try a few of their ideas for yourself.  Regarding trying medications, have you seen a psychiatrist?  Often times they are much better at prescribing the meds than our GP's are....might consider that if you haven't already!  We also have a chat room here, and if you are over 18, you should come on it and give it a try.  There's always someone there and it's a great distraction when you are feeling anxious.  Glad to have you here!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Learning to deal
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 02:48:09 PM »
I live in a small town as well, and that eats at me more than anything. I always say I want to move to a bigger city...

But then I drove 2.5 hours to a semi-big city in Washington and about went crazy with the traffic.

I like to come here to ease my thoughts and relax. To these meds that have had no effectiveness on you, Have they tried putting you on a different drug type? Psychiatry is a powerful thing and is yet to develop.

In the meantime if you need anything you have to talk out or just need to talk out feel free to do so. (:
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Tags: