Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling Jittery for no reason. Just need a little soothing.  (Read 280 times)

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feeling Jittery for no reason. Just need a little soothing.
« on: February 08, 2014, 11:39:06 AM »
This is more a vent than a question.

This morning I woke up fine but maybe a half hour later I started feeling jittery. It's Saturday. I can be completely agoraphobic without consequences. I don't have to deal with the outside world until tomorrow. I took a hot bath yesterday. I slept for 9 hours. I didn't drink caffeine. I worked on my deep breathing. Yet I still feel anxious.

My viibryd was up to 20 mgs two weeks ago. My psychiatrist wants to keep me there because I said I'm just as anxious now I was two weeks ago. He put me on abilify. 2.5 mgs to start and then up to 5mg. He says it will helped the viibryd work better and help with my underlining depression (My depression makes my anxiety worse from negative thoughts). I just took the first abilify a little while ago (I got the jitters before.)

I'm obsessed with finding a biological reason for my anxiety suddenly become extremely bad. First it was my hormones, then it was my heart, now it's my thyroid. I ignore the fact that I've know several people that this has happened too including my brother and best friend. My therapist says this is normal but I don't believe her. I have ADD so the idea of it taking some time to get better makes my anxiety worse. I don't like not being able to function. I don't like not having any control at all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling Jittery for no reason. Just need a little soothing.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 11:56:08 AM »
We are all obsessed with finding a biological reason for our issues.....that's what has brought us all here.
We are all trying to cope with and accept the fact that there is no biological reason...it's all psychological.

It can be really hard to deal with and extremely depressing, but you are not alone....and all of us are here to help each other through all of this.
Smile, stay calm, and relax  :bigsmile:
Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 12:34:41 PM »
Hi Lara...

First of all there is a biological reason for chronic conditions of anxiety and depression.  Problems with anxiety/panic attacks/depression are more than just a chemical imbalance.  Stress hormones, such as cortisol, can actually destroy brain cells in the hippocampus area of the brain.  When this occurs, anxiety and/or depression become the default settings for our brain.  Anti-depressants actually encourage the growth of new brain cells in this region.  That is why they take so long to work, compared to other medications.  One will usually see degrees of improvement between 3 and 12 weeks of treatment.

You are only on 20 mg of Viibryd.  This is a sub-therapeutic dose of this anti-depressant.  The lowest therapeutic dose is 40 mg, so right now the Viibryd cannot do its job for you, and won't, until you reach the therapeutic dose level.

Yes, it would be nice if they could one day come-up with an anxiety medication that works immediately.  But just like you can't rush the healing of a broken leg, you can't repair the damage to the brain overnight, either.

It is not easy, but patience must be learned when treating anxiety/panic attacks, and depression.

The very best to you, Lara!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 01:54:09 PM »
The psychiatrist wants to leave me at 20mgs. For one reason is when I first started taking viibryd around 18 months ago, I got to 40mgs and still had anxiety. It might have been because I wasn't used to the meds but I don't remember how long I was on. I'm mostly going to defer to him unless there isn't any improvement.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 01:59:45 PM »
Just to add that's when I lowered the dose to 10mg.
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 02:06:45 PM »
If you find the biological reason for anxiety - please let me know. I've been searching for nearly a year and have spent a small fortune on dr's and ER visits (My insurance co. has taken the biggest hit). Anxiety is an elusive and evading little troll, it attacks without warning and seemingly without reason. It spins the wheel o' symptoms, and you never know what it lands on. I've been in the same boat... it'll be a nice day off with no plans whatsoever, one of those 'chill' days where I don't have to do squat. And that's when it'll hit me, just like you.

Sorry I couldn't give a definitive answer or provide more help, but you're among good sympathetic company.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: