Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Tingling toe?  (Read 139 times)

Offline tobito

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Tingling toe?
« on: February 08, 2014, 10:06:34 AM »
This is such a strange thing to be worried about. The other day, I was coming downstairs and noticed that it felt like there was something stuck to the bottom of my big toe. There wasn't anything, so I just dismissed and thought maybe whatever it was had fallen off. Then I got the same feeling again, and again. It mostly seems to happen after I've been still for a while.

The sensation has gotten quite a bit stronger the past day or two (possibly because I'm noticing it more), and it's definitely a distinct tingle on the inside of my left toe. There's no numbness, pain, or discoloration, and nothing else in my whole left leg/foot is bothering me. The only other thing is that the side that tingles also looks sort of deflated, like when your other toe has been pressed against it for too long and indents it -- except it's like that all the time.

I'm trying not to dwell on it too much, because it's such a specific symptom ("Toe tingles in exact location for about fifteen seconds after descending the staircase"), but my brain almost immediately leaps to things like ALS and diabetes. It seems like it could be a circulation problem too, so I'm having a tough time sleeping because I keep imagining myself waking up with a dead toe...

Anyone ever have something like this before? I'm (as always) tempted to go to urgent care just to get it checked out and put my mind at ease.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tingling toe?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 10:43:33 AM »
Stop Googling! It can't be ALS and it's most likely pinched nerve from your shoes + the way you walk.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tobito

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 10:47:53 AM »
I didn't even Google this time! :P Just have too much knowledge stored in my brain from previous Googles.

But thanks for the quick response! I didn't even consider a pinched nerve, and I'm barefoot more often than not, so that's probably the culprit.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 10:54:38 AM »
Most likely pinched nerve then. Keep staying off Google so you don't update your "knowledge".  :P
Bookmark and Share

Tags: