Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Woke up still dreaming?  (Read 159 times)

Offline MMMA3410

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Woke up still dreaming?
« on: February 08, 2014, 08:40:04 AM »
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar things. Sometimes, when I wake up I still see remnants of my dream. It seems very real at the time. I used to run out of bed or put the covers over my head. Now, I no longer do that and try to stay calm and close my eyes then open them again. Often, I also hear random phrases before falling asleep or waking up too. For instance, today I woke up right in the middle of my dream (as always) and I saw in front of me a man with boxing gloves practicing punching. I didn't panic and closed my eyes and then opened them and I was alright. Also, when I wake up like this I am very disorienting sometimes and sort of confused. Although, I always know where I am and such. I almost feel an intense "high" feeling when this happens. It is bizarre. I am contemplating asking my doctor to refer me for a sleep study to see what is going on. Maybe I am skipping some cycles of sleep? Your experiences and input would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Woke up still dreaming?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 09:36:28 AM »
You are not fully awake. They are called lucid dreams. You are part awake. Part asleep. So the sounds and smells of you room do come into the dream. Thus if you wake you can think everything that just happened really did happen. For example. I once had such a dream. That my mother came downstairs to turn the TV off. I was chatting to her asking her why she was doing this. Then I woke up fully. But I continued on as if talking to my mother who I assumed was there next to me. Can take a minute or two for reality to kick in. They mainly happen just as you are wakening up. I have had ones were dogs were biting me. I swear I could feel the pain of those dog bites. But I have to be honest and say I love dreams. Those sort top the list.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline ChimpMelons

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 03:28:20 PM »
Yeah its normal aside the fact that you may have sleep problems, but you should be alright for the most part. I have those experience's as well. Their annoying really. They occur simply because part of your mind is still somewhat asleep. My waking dreams sometimes last from 5 seconds to a minute. I would like to get tested for sleeping problems too, but I can't because I need to go see my family doctor and I don't have a ride, so I'm sheet out luck. Laugh out loud ::)
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 05:11:21 PM »
This happens to me everyday, not the still dreaming but the feeling drugged high part. What happens a lot with me is I wake up groggy, but then the grogginess gets interpreted into depersonalization and I feel bizarre and panicky. But now what's happening to me is it feels like my head is still sleeping throughout the day but my body is awake,it's very frightening. I'm going to get a sleep study at a neuro place by my house soon. If you have insurance I would try to go to a neuro.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: