Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What meds have worked work for your GAD? Would love to know  (Read 293 times)

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What meds have worked work for your GAD? Would love to know
« on: February 08, 2014, 04:43:23 AM »

There may be other threads about this, but I didn't see any on the current page of posts.
Can people share what meds seem most effective for the GAD.  And please describe the experience.

Or if other therapies and methods have been effective.  Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: What meds have worked work for your GAD? Would love to know
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 05:43:02 AM »
The normal answer people write up to this sort of question is that medication works in different ways for different people. What works for me may not work for you. Can all be about trial and error. Doctor may give you something. You will know soon enough if it is working. Most times it takes a few tries to get it right. First and second lot of medication may not do the trick. You hear the normal types of medication repeated. Klonopin, Buspar, Valium and the likes. Some of us might be on the same medication. Most of us are not. It is something that should be talked about between the doctor and yourself. For the reasons mentioned above.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline worldbeat99

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 11:09:26 AM »

Thanks Cuchculan, that's helpful.  Since my experiences of GAD are sporadic now, I'm not at a point
where I want to speak with a doctor.  Plus, I'm waiting for my Obamacare insurance to kick in.
So I'm kind of doing research now.  Thanks for your input about Klonopin, Buspar, Valium for GAD.
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 12:11:15 PM »
Hi Worldbeat!

Treatments that are known to work include the anti-depressants, such as Celexa, Lexapro, Paxil, and Zoloft (to name a few), therapies, such as cognitive behavioral therapy, exercise, and omega 3/fish-oil.  There are also many other activities that one can do, to support the healing of the mind.  These include keeping oneself hydrated, drinking plenty of water, a healthy diet rich in whole grains, fruits and vegetables, meditation, and mindfulness.

Anxiety Zone is a goldmine of valuable information, located on all of the sites, and including the GAD and Medications/Therapy sites.  I have learned so much from the forum, and have made some wonderful friends.

The very best to you, Worldbeat!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 02:45:15 PM »
Thanks Mobile,

At some point I might check with a doctor about my meds.  I take prozac and lithium for bipola ii.
But maybe they could substitute in Celexa or one of the anti-d's that work on anxiety.

Dwight
Bookmark and Share

Tags: