Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Shortness of Breath (cancer fear)  (Read 172 times)

Offline Jaybuck151

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Shortness of Breath (cancer fear)
« on: February 08, 2014, 03:11:25 AM »
20 year old male.

Recently ive been having throat/voice problems and an ENT diagnosed me with LPR (silent reflux) which is causing these problems.

But the past 4 days ive had shortness of breath.  i feel like im not getting enough air when i breathe. I dont know if its from anxiety or what. But even when im not thinking about it my breathing just isnt as good. I am a singer and rapper so i notice it alot because i cant keep up with my tmusic because i am running out if breath way faster. It feels like a pressure/sinking feeling in my chest all the time for the past 4 days. Ive had a hoarse voice for 3 months now, which my doctor said was acid reflux.

I am scared i have a tumor in my chest or something. That is causing the shortness of breath because iver never experienced shortness thay has lasted more than an hour, but this has been days of constant shortness of breath. Its like i have to take a deep breath every time i inhale. I also have had gas the past couple days. help im scared this will jeopardize my health and my musical career. I also smoke marijuana twice a week

Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Shortness of Breath (cancer fear)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 06:17:17 AM »
What you smoke is not going to help your situation. Only make it worse. That crap increases anxiety levels. I think your doctor told you that you had this reflux issue and your mind took over. Made it into something much worse. That is a typical anxiety mind. Once things begin to clear up for you, if the doctor gave you anything for the reflux, I am sure your breathing will be fine again. You are just focusing on it far too much. Breathing exercises would help too. Find loads on you tube.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline am123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Shortness of Breath (cancer fear)
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 12:57:40 PM »
I too was diagnosed with reflux. Apparently the reflux can make you have some trouble breathing sometimes,  particularly if you cough a lot and therefore inflammation will occur , etc. I also hav discovered that thinkinh about breathing and breathing too deeply can make you feel like you can't breathe! I recommend doing yoga or yogic breathing if you feel this coming on.

If it doesn't improve the doc may recommend a chest xray which would rule out any issues. I also recommend to stop smoking.

I'm not a doctor,  just have experienced this stuff. :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: