Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: depressed and need hope  (Read 189 times)

Offline alizzy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
depressed and need hope
« on: February 08, 2014, 12:53:54 AM »
I have a very deep issue.  I haven't been diagnosed by a professional, but I believe it is Reactive Attachment Disorder or Borderline Personality Disorder.  I have struggled with deep depression since I was 15 and anxiety all my life.  I am 20 now.  It is hard for me to keep a job because my mood swings very drastically.  One day I can walk 3 miles and make dinner, but the next day I lay in bed all day.   I have few friends.  My family  thinks I am making all this mental health stuff up.  I have to get off my medications because it is costing too much.   I have little support, no insurance, no job, and I am running out of money.  I'm in counseling right now, but i can't afford it much longer and I doesn't even seem like it is helping.  My fiance let me move in with him, but his job only makes enough for food and shelter.  I feel like a hamster on a wheel--I can't get a job until i get counseling, but I can't afford counseling until I get a job. I can't make friends until I heal, and I can't heal without the support of friends.  Please offer hope.       
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • I used to be an adventurer like you...
    • Poke This Member
Re: depressed and need hope
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 02:35:37 PM »
Hey there,

You've come to a great place to discuss problems that are going on in your life. I see that you are battling a vicious mind game that is taking control of your emotions which, in turn, are affecting your actions. At the age of 20 this has got to be overwhelming for you. I'm 22 years old and I haven't seen half of what you're going through so I can't say that I know how you feel. I just want you to know that I, as well as others, can make you feel a sense of relief through talking and conversing with each other.

There are quite a few members and especially those members who are going through the same disorder that you have who can give you a different perspective.

I just dropped in to say that there is always a way out of everything.  If you hit a pothole and get a flat tire, you don't just abandon the car and walk away like it never happened. You eventually fix your flat tire. This might take some tools that you don't currently have, and it might take some advice from experienced individuals in changing tires.

There's always someone who will listen, Skip out on the ones who don't.

Trust me, when you put something under tension or stress, it will usually break free at some point. Just gotta figure out what your launch is. (:
Bookmark and Share
No more love on the run..

Offline alizzy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: depressed and need hope
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 08:53:10 AM »
Thanks Potatoes.  It's good to know that I am wrong about myself--that there is hope, and people that understand.
Bookmark and Share