Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: lingering anxiety all day  (Read 230 times)

Offline sally1959

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
lingering anxiety all day
« on: February 07, 2014, 07:14:28 PM »
Can someone help me? I have this awful, intense, lingering feeling of anxiety right now. It was triggered by going to class two hours ago and I just wanted to go back to my apartment and hide, now I am home but I still feel this anxiety, actually I think it's getting worse. I know symptoms of anxiety can't kill you, but I honestly feel like I'm dying and I'm scared.

I think I'm also having some derealization. I keep having to remind myself that it's Friday, it's the weekend but it doesn't feel like Friday.

I don't deal with derealization much anymore, so this is difficult. Any words of comfort?
Bookmark and Share

Offline JTD88

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: lingering anxiety all day
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 10:22:29 PM »
Just keep your head up, practice breathing, and keep reminding yourself that it is nothing to fear. Sure, it is easier said than done since I suffer from strong anxiety nearly every day (today was the worst in quite a while) and always tell myself the same thing, but it can be put behind you! Just remember there is nothing to fear, try to focus on the good things in life, stay active, and don't let a little small physical sensation ruin your nerves!
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: lingering anxiety all day
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 04:39:47 AM »
Sally, for most of my life I have been anxiety free.  I did deal with depression in my earlier years but meds helped a lot.
This winter, I started feeling bouts of vulnerability and anxiety.  Like you described it would last through the day and even to my free
time and weekends.  I do think this is GAD, generalized anxiety disorder.

To fight it, I've started a regime that's helping:

In the morning before work, I sit in front of my light box for 30-40 minutes.
I do buddhist chanting and some physical x (jumping jacks and running in place).

I also am helped by these affirmations:  "There's nothing to be afraid of.  Nothing will come up that
I can't handle.  Have an amazing day."  If those affirmations don't work for you, you can find others.

Hope that helps.  Hang in there. Never give up fighting for your happiness.   :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: