Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: do any of you feel some of your symptoms are not from anxiety  (Read 287 times)

Offline Gale

• Rec's: 1
  • My grand dog!!!!
    • Poke This Member
do any of you feel some of your symptoms are not from anxiety
« on: February 07, 2014, 03:23:16 PM »
I have always felt my symptoms, fatigue, dizziness, headaches, burning skin are not from anxiety. I have suffered for many, many years, had numerous testing done and of course everything is negative. Meds don't seem to help, I am  seeing a psychiarst and a therapist, which I believe they are so frustrated with me. And I constantly worry about  MS. My symptoms last all day long and go on and on for weeks and months.  Anyone  else have this problem.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: do any of you feel some of your symptoms are not from anxiety
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 04:56:42 PM »
Well I can tell you that I also feel fatigue, headaches (though not major) and burning skin sensations (on the arms) at times since this last anxiety bout began.  Have other symptoms as well and I notice they tend to abate when I am feeling better (I am on meds but they aren't doing it 100% yet).  I don't get dizziness, but sometimes I feel minor zaps in the late afternoon, but just looking through this forum you will find many folks that have dizziness.  So yes, all of these symptoms could be anxiety, if it was something like MS you would know by now since you said you have had these symptoms for a long time and by now the doctors would have found something.  Accepting this is hard, I face the same battle daily and still get thing checked out "just in case".  But at the end of the day, its just our malfunctioning brains making us suffer so much, not other organs, and what we have is not fatal (though one can feel like one is dying when its bad, we just aren't actually gonna die).  Don't worry about the pdoc and the therapist being frustrated with you, they are professionals and they see this every day, its common and your fears of it being something "worse" are characteristic of anxiety, so they should know that it is typical for anxiety sufferers and they know it will take time and an effective treatment for it to get better. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gale

• Rec's: 1
  • My grand dog!!!!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 10:25:35 AM »
thanks for responding,  I feel that since my meds don't work, it's not anxiety. How can someone feel this way  eveyday. Just does not make sense to me!!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nann James

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 02:04:09 PM »
Well if you are worried about MS you should take Vitamin D3. That has been shown to really be helpful for for MS. You must get your blood levels up to a certain amount.

I know you might laugh but how much water do you drink? A few months ago I went on a diet that was mostly water. I went from having about 3 glasses of water a day (which I thought was enough) to about 8 minimum. Probably about 10. I could NOT believe the results.  I have pretty low blood pressure normally so sometimes that causes fatigue and dizzyness but on the diet things were much better because I was very hydrated. Then, I found out that dehydration was well known to cause headaches. A lot of people in my diet class were having them but I wasn't... most found out they weren't getting enough water.

I know... I was stunned too. But, if you don't get your 8 glasses of water...  eat food with water -- such as fruit veggies... you might be dehydrated.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: